800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to be allocated to HCMC
The Saigon Times
|A frontline worker gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine. The Ministry of Health has decided to allocate 800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to HCMC – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has decided to allocate 800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to HCMC to vaccinate its residents as the number of Covid-19 infections in the city has surpassed 1,000.
Chairing a meeting on June 16, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son said that HCMC was one of the localities to be prioritized for Covid-19 vaccination.
The 800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine will be stored at the facilities of the Pasteur Institute in HCMC and will be administered to frontline forces and workers at industrial parks and export processing zones, the local media reported, citing Deputy Minister Son.
Phan Trong Lan, head of the Pasteur Institute in HCMC, said that the city could have 200,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine administered to people per day. As such, with the volume of 800,000 doses, the city will mobilize medical workers and competent forces to complete the vaccination within one week.
Deputy Minister Son also said that the Ministry of Health is planning to pilot home quarantine for direct contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases in some parts of HCMC.
As planned, children aged below 15 will be quarantined at home to avoid the risk of cross infection and make it easy for care.
- Congress scrutinizes dengue vaccine program
- House probes P3-B dengue vaccine procurement
- FDA stops Sanofi from airing ad on vaccine
- Mass cholera vaccinations begin in Rohingya camps
- LPPKN Clinics Have Run Out Of Free HPV Vaccines. When Will New Stocks Arrive?
- Philippines defied experts' advice about dengue vaccine
- UNICEF procured $33-M vaccines for PH in 2015, 2016
- No new dengue vaccination program yet: DOH
- Aquino ordered health secretary to buy the P3.5-B defective dengue vaccine
- Takeda making progress on dengue vaccine – official
- DOH suspends dengue immunization program over potential health risk
- Ona: DOH leadership after my term is responsible for this ‘health nightmare’
- Dengvaxia deal rushed for polls?
- Purchase of Dengvaxia not funded under 2016 nat’l budget
- Duterte wants Sanofi to refund govt
- Angola, DRC combat yellow fever outbreak — UN health agency
- Philippines defied experts' advice in pursuing dengue immunisation programme
- Experts’ advice in pursuing dengue immunization program defied – records
- Pandora’s awesome box
- Former DoH chief junked Sanofi deal
800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to be allocated to HCMC have 377 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.