71-year-old Covid-19 patient in An Giang dies
The Saigon Times
|Medical workers take care of a Covid-19 patient. Vietnam's Covid-19 death toll has risen to 62 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – A 71-year-old Covid-19 patient in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang died, becoming the country's 62nd Covid-19 fatality.
According to the Ministry of Health, the woman, who resided in the province's Chau Thanh District, also suffered from tuberculosis, hypertension and diabetes for 10 years.
The patient returned to Vietnam through the Moc Bai International Border Gate in Tay Ninh Province with her daughter and grandchild on June 2.
She tested positive for Covid-19 while in quarantine with various symptoms such as fatigue, chest pain and acute respiratory distress syndrome. She was then sent to the Ben Cau Medical Center for treatment.
Her condition worsened on June 11 so she was put on a ventilator. However, due to a serious infection and respiratory failure, she responded poorly to the treatment and passed away three days later.
This is the 27th Covid-19 death in the fourth Covid-19 wave beginning late April.
- Two-car crash in Concord kills 71-year-old man, injures four
- Prosecutors want teens charged as adults in beating death of 71-year-old
- 71-year-old dies after laundromat robbery; 3 young teens charged
- Three teens should face murder charges in 71-year-old Clarksville man's death, prosecutors say
- After 71-year-old woman dies following visit to Flower Mound spa, Sen. Jane Nelson seeks legislative fix
- 22-year-old passenger arrested after man dies in random knife attack on Osaka-bound bullet train
- Three teens charged in attack on 71-year-old man, laundromat robbery
- 71-year-old man severely beaten in laundromat robbery
- Police Identify 71-Year-Old Shooting Victim
- Teddy Cook: Services this week for 71-year-old killed in laundromat robbery
- 87-year-old man struck by car dies of injuries
- Family pays tribute to 62-year-old man from Luton who died in a crash last week
- 4-year-old not properly strapped in dies after single-vehicle accident, police say
- 46-year-old man who acted ‘bizarrely’ dies in Anaheim police custody
- Tributes to ‘loving grandfather’ as police name 71-year-old cyclist who died in Portsmouth crash
- Family sues spa after 71-year-old woman drowned in flotation pod
- 14-year-old girl from Richmond Hill, GA, dies hours after rare cancer diagnosis
- Bronx Trinitarios Gang Responsible for Machete Murder of 15-year-old Attacked Another Teenager
- Three teenagers and 21 year old killed in crash
- Paramedic'stole an 87-year-old patient's purse and withdrew £1,400'
71-year-old Covid-19 patient in An Giang dies have 381 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.