51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker takes samples from a child in HCMC for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health this morning, June 1, reported 111 more Covid-19 cases in HCMC, Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, with HCMC recording the most at 51 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this morning, June 1, reported 111 more Covid-19 cases in HCMC, Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, with HCMC recording the most at 51, taking the country's total number of infections to 4,356 since April 27.
All the domestic infections reported in HCMC were linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission, while 45 Covid-19 cases in Bac Giang Province were detected at quarantine centers or areas under lockdown. Bac Ninh Province had 15 new infections.
Among 36 provinces and cities hit by Covid-19 in the fourth coronavirus wave, 14 localities have undergone 14 consecutive days without any new domestic Covid-19 cases.
As many as 13 Covid-19 patients made a full recovery and were discharged from hospitals today, taking the total number of recoveries to 3,043.
During the latest resurgence of Covid-19 in the country, HCMC has reported 208 locally-infected Covid-19 cases.
Speaking at a meeting with the HCMC Department of Health on May 31, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh said that HCMC should get ready for the worst-case scenario.
Tang Chi Thuong, deputy director of the municipal department, said that the city had prepared response plans in case of 5,000 cases, readying over 1,900 beds for the treatment of Covid-19 patients.
The city's competent forces and medical workers are enhancing their efforts to trace all contacts related to the Covid-19 patients and conduct Covid-19 tests on a larger scale, focusing on high-risk areas, the local media reported.
Due to the rising number of infections in HCMC, Khanh Hoa and Binh Dinh provinces have suspended passenger transport services from/to HCMC to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The two provinces also issued the order putting people arriving from HCMC's Go Vap District and Thanh Loc Ward in District 12 under quarantine for 21 days. These people will also undergo three Covid-19 tests.
- Vietnam announces 36,200 new COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam reports 26,487 new COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam reports 46,880 new Covid-19 infections and over 2.8 million in total on Monday (Feb 21)
- Brunei reports 441 new Covid-19 infections
- Cases still high as Vietnam reports 27,311 new Covid-19 infections on Saturday (Feb 12); almost 2.5 million in total
- Vietnam confirms daily record of 29,413 new Covid-19 infections on Monday (Feb 14)
- India records 3,06,064 new Covid-19 infections, active caseload jumps to 22.49 lakh
- India reports 71,365 new Covid-19 infections, active caseload drops to 8.92 lakh
- India logs 50,407 new Covid-19 infections, active cases decline to 6,10,443
- India reports 16,051 new Covid-19 infections, active caseload drops to 2.02 lakh
- Pakistan logs over 3,900 new COVID-19 infections, 47 deaths in 24 hours
- S. Korea’s new COVID-19 infections over 100,000 for 3rd day on Omicron spread
- Myanmar reports 3,563 new Covid-19 infections, 6 more deaths
- Record high of 19,420 new Covid-19 infections in S'pore on Feb. 15
- PNP logs 6 new COVID-19 infections, lowest since Dec. 31
- 1,615 new Covid-19 infections, 1,185 new Omicron infections in S'pore on Jan. 19
- Dole pineapple factory has 34 new Covid-19 cases, 413 total
- COVID-19 infections in Ho Chi Minh City predicted to rise in coming days
- Omicron subvariant BA.2 accounts for 18% of Covid-19 infections in Thailand
- Vietnam records over 60,000 Covid-19 infections on Wednesday
51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC have 517 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.