Vietnam's Covid-19 count rose to 11,794 after 159 new cases were found over the past 12 hours to 6am on June 17. (Photo: SGGP)
Of the latest cases, one was imported and 158 were locally transmitted, with 87 in Bac Giang province, 45 in Ho Chi Minh City, 11 in Tien Giang province, seven in Binh Duong province, six in Bac Ninh province, and one each in Lang Son and Ha Tinh provinces.
Among the domestic infections, 156 were detected in quarantined or locked-down areas.
As of 6am on June 17, Vietnam's domestic count stood at 10,138, and there were 1,656 imported cases.
As many as 8,568 cases have been recorded since the new outbreak began in the country late April, of whom 1,861 have been given the all-clear.
Twenty four cities and provinces that were hit by the pandemic have gone through 14 days without new infections.
The number of recoveries reached 4,590, while fatalities were 61, said the ministry's Department of Medical Examination and Treatment.
Among the patients still under treatment, 340 have tested negative for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 once, 91 twice and 44 thrice.
A total of 182,462 people are under medical monitoring nationwide.
On June 16, 125,225 people received Covid-19 vaccine shots , raising the number of vaccinated people to nearly 1.8 million, of whom 72,325 have got two jabs.
- New details in case of Sudan teen who killed rapist husband
- Rihanna's 'stalker broke in and spent 12 hours in her home'
- Massive wave in New Zealand biggest ever recorded in southern hemisphere
- These South Africans work a six-day work week‚ 8-12 hours per day
- Lottery tickets will not be sold in South Carolina for more than 12 hours this weekend
- Man accused of breaking into Rihanna's home and spending 12 hours inside faces stalking, other charges
- Massive rise in patients waiting longer than 12 hours at A&E
- Wilson County board member makes the case for 12.5 percent teacher pay raise
- Officials blame road construction for 3 rollover crashes in 12 hours in Duxbury and Marshfield
- SAPD: Suspect kidnapped his new wife, drove around city for hours while beating her
- Phil Collins: Singer's first North American tour in 12 years includes Newark stop
- Chris Sale records 12 strikeouts in best performance of season as Red Sox pound Rangers
- Egypt records GDP of 5.45 in Q3 2017/18: Min.
- Close-up controversy: Cellphone pics expose new front in public-records debate
- CJ summons May 12 case record
- Annual Woodbridge Road Race raises record £12,000 for charity
- Bites and a broken bed: New details in case of Sudan teen who killed rapist husband
- Reducing job strain may lower risk of new mental illness cases
- Morning Report: Crush of New Criminal Immigration Cases Is Wreaking Havoc in Court
- The Eviction Machine Churning Through New York City
159 new Covid-19 cases recorded within 12 hours including 45 in HCMC have 416 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.