According to the ministry’s report, 149 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 90 in Bac Giang, 45 in Ho Chi Minh City, 10 in Bac Ninh, two in Nghe An, and one each in Ha Nam and Bac Kan.
The 90 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some local industrial parks which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
As of Wednesday evening, 8,410 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 4,219 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 40 cities and provinces nationwide.
Six imported patients are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from Japan, the UK, and Cambodia. They were sent to a local quarantine area in Tay Ninh, Quang Nam, and Khanh Hoa provinces upon arrival and are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 11,635 including 9,980 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 16, a total of 4,590 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 61 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 182,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 15, an additional 95,421 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,648,072. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 63,636.
- Suffolk set to confirm council tax rise of just under 5% for next year
- What's on from Friday, January 19 to Thursday, January 25
- Sheffield Wednesday freeze season ticket prices
- Pushy patients and pointless pills ... why middle-class flu sufferers are behind the rise in antibiotic resistance
- Letters: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- GWH issues flu plea after rise in cases
- Drunk patient accused of throwing bowl of vomit at nurse during 'appalling assault'
- Newport County confirm Josh Sheehan signing
- Self-employed workers earning £25k will be £155 better off after National Insurance U-turn
- German doctors give private patients special treatment, says study
- Pakistan among countries battling record flu, face rising death tolls
- Budget 2017: NHS will get emergency cash injection of £2.8billion – but patients face LONGER waits for care, bosses warn
- Demand on regional air ambulance to rise again this year
- Increase in patients having to wait in ambulances at A&E
- Irish Rail staff confirm five strike dates including day of Ireland’s World Cup playoff against Denmark in Dublin
- Spring Budget 2017 – State pension age rise and personal allowance increase which will benefit thousands
- Rafael Nadal opens up on his vision to match Roger Federer's tally of Grand Slams
- Flu rate rises alongside hike in proportion of respiratory infection deaths: PHA
- Market watch: KSE-100 maintains positive momentum with slight rise
- Council tax bills to rise by up to £91 across Tayside and Fife
155 more Covid-19 patients confirmed, Wednesday tally rises to 423 have 508 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.