The event was chaired by Lt. Gen. Vu Chien Thang, Director of the Department for External Relations under the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defence, and Brigadier General Eric Peltier, head of the south bilateral cooperation department of the French army.
Reviewing the cooperation outcomes in the recent past, the two sides noted that Vietnam and France have maintained their cooperative ties in many areas in an appropriate manner.
Despite complex developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, they have sustained high-level contact via videoconference while working closely and rather effectively in other spheres like training, UN peacekeeping operations, and military medicine.
Thang appreciated the French Ministry of Armed Forces' assistance for Vietnam in personnel training, knowledge exchange, and experience sharing.
Particularly, he added, France has sent its experienced experts to provide specialised advice for the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations under a cooperation agreement between Vietnam and the EU.
For the time ahead, the two sides agreed to maintain high-level contact in suitable forms, in person or via teleconference; organise activities to mark the 30th founding anniversary of defence relations; and enhance ties in hydrography, peacekeeping operations, military medicine, and training.
They will also specify the time for the Vietnam-France defence strategy and cooperation dialogue this year and finalise the defence cooperation plan for 2021-2022.
- France’s shameful showing against Mexico puts them in danger
- SEC meetings end with little scheduling resolution
- Vietnam aspires to deepen ties with Australia
- Overseas trip gives D-backs group perspective
- Spain beats France to revive World Cup campaign
- South Africa 2, France 1
- Tie-dyed Eugene unlikely home for football power
- Little time for US to recover before facing France
- Uruguay holds France to draw in opener
- France 0, Uruguay 0
- SANDY MEETS THE METS – FORMER CO-WORKER SAYS ALDERSON UP TO CHALLENGE
- Blanc steps down from France post
Working group for Vietnam-France defence ties meet via videoconference have 288 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.