HCMC- New play for children to be staged at dance school
May 9, 3pm
HCM City Dance School, 155 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, D3
The play is based on the short story collection for children The World's Worst Children, by English bestselling author David Walliams. The collection revolves around five beastly boys and five gruesome girls.
Tickets: VND150,000 and can be bought at https://forms.gle/RMVEpMT7wmi1X2Fa7.
French musical 'Les Misérables' tours
April 16-18, Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi
May, National Dance and Music Festival, Dak Lak Province
Early June, Ho Chi Minh City
Featuring famed historical French musical 'Les Misérables' by Victor Hugo.
With participation of local artists from the Vietnam National Opera and Ballet Theatre (VNOB), foreign artists from Hanoi Voices Choir, along with director Nguyen Trieu Duong and choreographer Linh An.
Until May 30, 8 am – 8 pm
Matca Space for Photography,48 Ngoc Ha Street
From the organizer:
From whimsical scientific inventions in the early 20th century to the rising fitness culture in Silicon Valley to levitating house dogs: titles selected from independent French publisher RVB Books introduces new ways of thinking about our visual culture, weaving together acute observation, wild imagination, and tongue-in-cheek commentary.
Each book is made unique by the way it embodies its subject, as well as its non-traditional design and materials. Paradoxically, this selection is also a reflection of the way images are consumed.
Hanoi-The Subtle Moves
Apr 30-May 16, Tues – Sun, 10 am – 7 pm
Manzi Exhibition Space, No.2, ngo Hang Bun, Ba Dinh District
Featuring nearly 30 silk works, which are all composition assignments of art students in their final year of Bachelor's studies, 'The Subtle Moves' introduces to the public the promising representatives of a new artist generation as well as offers the artists themselves essential motivation at their significant turning point.
Ninh Thuan Province-Exhibition of Ninh Thuan – Quang Nam Cham culture
Until May 15,
Displaying nearly 80 artifacts, including photos, statues, pottery, over 1,500 tools, traditional handicrafts, costumes, jewellery, paintings, ancient musical instruments, and 1,400 books and reference materials.
Featuring the unique cultural and artistic heritages of the Cham people in the land of Ninh Thuan – Quang Nam and the exchange of Cham culture with others throughout history.
HCMC-A Dream Of The End At The End Of A Dream
Apr 27-June 26, Tues – Sat, 10 am – 7 pm
Galerie Quynh, 118 Nguyen Van Thu, D1
From the organizer:
An exhibition by Tuan Andrew Nguyen and Wowy. This is their second with the gallery, the latest in a wide range of collaborations since 2008's Quiet Shiny Words/Cultural Doppelgangbangers, where the artists explored subcultures in the contexts of Vietnam and America.
Binh Dinh Province-Exhibition: ECO-SUS
Opening: Apr 8, 03 pm
Exhibition: Apr 8 – Aug 8
International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science and Education, 7 Science Avenue, Quy Nhon City, Binh Dinh Province
From the organizer:
Featuring 11 Visual artists across Vietnam.
ECO-SUS is curated by artists The Son and Uu Dam, opening along with Winter School for Sustainable Development with 100 excellent fellows and respected speakers organized by Danh Nguyen. ICISE, a European-style building inspired by Binh Dinh nature, situated in the heart of a 21 hectares valley surrounded by majestic mountains and a long yellow sand beach. A remarkable architecture design by the famous Jean François Milou. See you at this fascinating exhibition.
The thrilling ECO-SUS exhibition will take place on the beach at 3 PM on April 8th:
1. 03 pm – Warm-up, kick start with with a viral and ambitious artwork from ECO-ĐI by artist Nguyễn Trần Ưu Đàm on Quy Nhơn yellow sand beach to raise global awareness about the pollution.
2. 04 pm – Opening exhibition of 11 Vietnamese artists with their world-class artworks. Curatorial tour lead by artist/curator Thế Sơn
3. 04:30 pm – "Chula" Fashion show by designer Del Valle Cortizas Diego.
4. 09 Apr – Explore Làng Sông, an old monastery, a beautiful structure that built and stood for 158 years, listen to singing hymns, visit publication in the very historic place where Jesuits record the first Vietnamese sounds in Latin.
HCMC- Exhibitions: 'Within / Between / Beneath / Upon' & 'Home: Looking inwards to the outer world'
Until Jun 6, 10 am – 07 pm
The Factory Contemporary Arts Centre, 15 Nguyễn Ư Dĩ, Thảo Điền Ward, D 2,
From the organizer:
The Factory Contemporary Arts Centre proudly presents two exhibitions: 'Within / Between / Beneath / Upon' and 'Home: Looking inwards to the outer world'.
- International flights on July 31: Daily updates on arrivals, departures under Vande Bharat Mission
- Amitabh Bachchan reveals what is giving him strength ‘in these times of trial’ as he gets treated for Covid-19
- The 1 thing NOT to expect from Donald Trump's daily coronavirus briefings
- What was wrong with Robbie Williams, when and why was he ill on tour and what’s the latest on the singer’s health?
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Railways to implement contactless ticket-checking system amid Covid-19 crisis and all the latest news
- Coronavirus live updates: 250 deaths recorded Thursday in California, most in a day
- Coronavirus live updates: U.S. surpasses 4 million coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus live updates: Alameda is the first Bay Area county to top 10,000 cases
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco tightens up face-mask rules
- Los Angeles Coronavirus Update: Mayor Eric Garcetti Sees “Small, Hopeful Signs” Of Pandemic Progress
What's on May 3-9 (Daily updated) have 890 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.