Fans of the US restaurant chain Wendy's are in for a treat when the fast food chain opens new sites in the UK this week – and its new menu has been released.
The home of iconic burgers like the Baconator and Spicy Chicken Sandwich will open its doors at three new venues for the first time in decades.
Bringing a whole new menu specifically designed to whet the appetites of UK customers, the restaurant chain will be providing breakfast options and even a vegan selection.
Wendy's currently has more than 6,500 restaurants in the US and 29 other countries worldwide.
But after setting up in the UK in the 1980s and 90s, the chain closed down its outlets in 2001, citing property costs and overheads as the reason.
Expansion at the time wasn't possible but now the American fast food chain has its eye on knocking McDonald’s off the top spot by opening up to 400 outlets around the country.
Abigail Pringle, President, International and Chief Development Officer for The Wendy’s Company said in a statement: “The United Kingdom is an exciting frontier for Wendy’s, serving as the foothold to drive growth across this region.
“Our vision is to become the world’s most thriving and beloved restaurant brand, and we’re well on our way.”
The first new diner will open in Reading on June 2 and will be Wendy’s first restaurant in the UK for 21 years, reports The Star .
A second restaurant is also planned for Oxford later down the line, then a third in Stratford, east London, by the end of this year.
Are you excited by Wendy’s opening in the UK? Let us know in the comments below
The restaurant, which is the world's third largest burger chain behind McDonalds and Burger King, is famed for its variety of burgers – which range from classic hamburgers to unique croissant and pretzel burgers.
Wendy's also has chicken nuggets, fries and milkshakes on the menu along with Dave’s Single, which features a quarter-pound beef patty topped with American cheese, the Baconator, which includes three strips of bacon, and the Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
There are even Baconator fries – bacon flavoured of course. And customers can wash their food down with a Frosty shake, which comes in chocolate and vanilla flavours.
Vegetarian diners can take advantage of meals such as the Veggie Stack, a burger made from grains, vegetables and spices, Veggie Bites, baked potatoes, and the Avocado Veggie Salad.
Calorie counters can opt for lighter options including the Chicken Caesar and Apple Cranberry salads.
Like other chains, Wendy’s will also serve a breakfast menu, which will run until 10.30am.
Early birds can get items such as Croissant Sandwiches, the Breakfast Baconator, and a variety of hot beverages, such as Cappuccinos and Lattes.
“We have conducted research with thousands of consumers in the UK to really understand what they think about Wendy’s and what is driving strong appeal for the brand," said Abigail.
“We used these insights to inform and validate our core menu offerings for this market, including our made-to-order square hamburgers.”
After the launch of sites in Reading, Stratford and Oxford, Wendy’s plans to open hundreds more restaurants in “priority areas” across the UK, which could include major cities such as Manchester, Birmingham and London.
- Fast food wars: Eco burger joint so successful it forced McDonald's to shut - twice
- Enough to put you off fast food for life! Stomach-churning viral video shows McDonald's workers scraping off the grills after they get caked in 'gunk' from a day of cooking burgers
- Star on Disney Plus explained: release date, new TV shows, price increase and more
- What time does McDonald's breakfast end in the UK?
- Burger King amazes customers with 'trippy' new logo for first rebrand in 20 years
- What time does McDonald’s breakfast end? Opening hours and menu items
- Return of the Grand Big Mac! McDonald's reveals six additions to its winter menu - including a NEW Homestyle Crispy Chicken burger
- McDonald’s adds six new items to its menu, and the return of the Grand Big Mac
- McDonald's announces new chicken sandwich and 'McPlant' burger
- Marks and Spencer launch Ombles, Marmite Hot Cross Buns, Lovenuts and Percy Pig Pancakes as part of Spring food releases
- The great vaccine blockade? EU threat to cut off UK's supply of Pfizer jabs will 'poison relations for a generation' as Germans are accused of 'Russian-style' disinformation over 'rubbish' claim that AstraZeneca version is just 8% effective in elderly
- Thai Airways opens restaurant serving its in-flight menu during the pandemic
- New Look's creditors agree on £40million deal to save hundreds of jobs and stores
- Covid: could Britain have been more like New Zealand?
- Call of Duty Mobile leak reveals secret NEW Modern Warfare map is coming to game
- The restaurant serving food that someone else rejected
- Holidaymakers vow to get around new quarantine rules by driving from Portugal to Spain so they can dodge 10-days isolation in a hotel when they return to the UK
- Travel industry is on its knees AGAIN after new lockdown: TUI cancels ALL holidays until mid-February as airline chiefs say things will 'only get WORSE' - while minsters are set to demand UK arrivals test negative before travelling
- Starbucks has launched a Valentine’s Day menu and it includes a salted caramel hot chocolate
- Teaching unions push for an EVEN LONGER schools closure as they warn even March 8 could be 'too early' to return to the classroom
Wendy's returns to UK this week with fast food chain releasing brand new menu have 906 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.