In the 2-1 victory over SHB Da Nang, Brazilian Caíque Lemes, Bui Duy Thuong, Truong Van Thiet, Nguyen Trong Dai and Nguyen Thanh Binh were each dealt a yellow card for committing fouls.
According to VFF regulations, since Viettel collected more than two yellow cards in a game, the club would have to pay a fine of VND3 million ($129).
Caíque Lemes has received three yellow cards this season and he will be absent from the next game when Viettel take on Hong Linh Ha Tinh on May 7. The game is set to take place at Viet Tri Stadium in Phu Tho Province instead of Viettel's home ground Hang Day Stadium in Hanoi due to the Covid-19 situation in the capital. No spectators will be allowed on site.
Viettel, the defending champions, are second on the table with three points less than leaders Hoang Anh Gia Lai.
All seven games in the last round of V. League's first leg will start from 5 p.m. on Friday. This is a key round of this season, as the top six teams from the first leg would race for the title in table A while the bottom eight fight to avoid relegation in table B.
- Foreign referees hired for last two V. League weeks
- Atlético fails to regain Spanish league lead
- LAFC prepares for rematch with FC Dallas
- Is a Solskjaer sacking on the cards?
- Glemsford and Cavendish triumph in Suffolk Junior Cup
- Uzo fulfills promise, strips down after scoring in Switchbacks' win over Oklahoma City
- LAFC wins battle in Portland, beats Timbers
- LAFC tunes up for ‘El Trafico’ with shutout of Earthquakes
- Hanoi lead tournament after unexpected draw
Viettel FC fined for yellow card deluge in league match have 275 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.