Vietnam's outward investment in Jan-Apr soars 7.9 times
The Saigon Times
|The headquarters of Unitel, whose mother company is Vietnam's military-run Viettel Group, is located in Laos – PHOTO: VGP|
HCMC – Vietnam's outward investment in the first four months of 2021 reached nearly US$546 million, surging by 7.9 times compared with the same period last year, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Specifically, 18 projects worth US$142.8 million received investment licenses and nine projects got additional capital of US$403.2 million.
Data of the ministry showed that Vietnamese companies invested in 10 sectors in foreign countries between January and April. The science and technology sector attracted the largest investment with US$279.8 million, accounting for 49.6% of the total.
Retail ranked second with US$147.8 million, accounting for 27.1%, followed by agriculture-forestry-aquaculture and supporting services.
Vietnamese companies invested in 15 countries and territories, with the United States absorbing US$302.3 million of the registered capital (accounting for 55.4%), followed by Cambodia with US$89.1 million (16.3%), France, Canada, Germany and the Netherlands.
As of April 20, Vietnam had 1,417 valid outward investment projects worth US$21.8 billion. The biggest investment was poured into mineral exploitation, accounting for 36% of the total, followed by the agriculture-forestry-aquaculture sector with 15.4%.
Laos was the biggest recipient of Vietnamese investment to date, accounting for 23.1% of the registered capital, followed by Cambodia with 13% and Russia with 12.7%.
Vietnam's outward investment in 2020 was more than US$590 million, increasing 16.1% year-on-year.
- VEPR announces Vietnam’s three economic scenarios for 2020
- Can you always make money by investing in a falling market?
- Scorching heat attacks Vietnam
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 13
- A shift in economic profile is needed
- European companies concerned about business climate amid Covid-19 outbreak
- PM tells ministries to propose measures for propping up virus-hit economy
- PM expects economy to rebound swiftly post-pandemic
- PM approves establishment of Vietravel Airlines
- Covid-19 sends HCMC’s budget collection tumbling
Vietnam’s outward investment in Jan-Apr soars 7.9 times have 299 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.