Vietnam's Covid-19 tally surges to 3,090 with 60 new cases
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker takes a sample from a local resident for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported 60 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday evening – PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has confirmed 60 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported cases and 56 domestic infections, sending Vietnam's tally to 3,090 as of this evening, May 6.
Two of the new imported cases were reported in Khanh Hoa Province. They returned to Vietnam from Japan on Flight VJ2723 on April 24 and were immediately quarantined after arriving at the Cam Ranh International Airport. Both of them are being treated at Cam Lam Medical Center.
Thai Nguyen Province had one new imported Covid-19 case, who was a returnee from Japan. The patient flew back to Vietnam on Flight VJ5465 on May 4 and was transported to Thai Nguyen for quarantine after arriving at the Noi Bai International Airport. She has been sent to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases' Dong Anh campus for treatment.
The remaining imported Covid-19 case was detected in HCMC. She returned to the country from Dubai on Flight VN088 on April 13 and was quarantined right after arriving at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport. The patient is being treated at Cau Treo Hospital.
Among the 56 new locally transmitted cases, 11 cases were reported in Vinh Phuc Province, five in Thai Binh Province, 12 in Bac Ninh Province, four in Hanoi City, one in Hai Duong Province, two in Hung Yen Province, one in Quang Ngai Province, 16 at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, three in Danang City and one in Lang Son Province.
Up to now, Vietnam has recorded 1,690 locally transmitted Covid-19 cases, including 120 cases in the latest outbreak since April 27.
More than 40,700 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returning from Covid-19-hit countries are being quarantined. As many as 2,560 Covid-19 patients have fully recovered, while the number of fatalities remained at 35.
Vietnam has vaccinated nearly 676,000 people in 48 cities and provinces nationwide against Covid-19. On May 5 alone, more than 90,400 people were vaccinated.
- Vietnam, China Start Talks Again as Part of 20-Year Fight-Make-up Cycle
- Number of foreign arrivals set new record
- Gujarat: In 2017, 19% cases carried forward by police
- 'I walked into hospital but never walked out again': Student, 19, was left paralysed after doctors severed her spine during a routine biopsy for a lump on her back
- Surge of Thai visitors lifts Da Nang hopes for tourism market diversity
- Japanese capital inflow’s new trend
- VN-Index slips 2 points as Asia stocks surge
- Firms updated about RoK’s new rules on agricultural imports
- Quang Ninh hosts 15 millionth foreign tourist to Vietnam
- Infectious diseases spread as cold weather hits Vietnam
- New enterprises surge in 7 months
- Vietnam has miles to go in dealing with sexual abuse of children
Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally surges to 3,090 with 60 new cases have 454 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.