Half of Vietnam's Covid-19 infections are from Vietnamese returnees and foreign visitors.
The number of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 in Vietnam has reached 3,030 with the fresh outbreak of the coronarius sweeping 10 cities and provinces across the country.
|Covid-19 testing in Danang. Photo: Quang Hai/Kinh Te Do Thi|
On May 6, the country confirmed eight new cases who are all from the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD), the leading hospital in treating Covid-19 patients in the northern region.
Since the resurgence of the virus on April 27, Vietnam has confirmed 64 infections with the highest number reported at the NHTD. Major cities of Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City are among 10 affected localities.
Some other affected provinces are those home to industrial parks like Hung Yen, Ha Nam, Vinh Phuc, and Hai Duong in the north and Dong Nai in the south.
As the pandemic evolves over the past week and affects some parts of the country, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at a governmental meeting on May 5 said that the pandemic-fight to in Vietnam should be active instead of preventive like before.
It means that it should require new approach, viewpoint, and leadership in the fight against Covid-19 with a focus on both experiences and new methods.
The PM warned each locality of further complications of the pandemic, asking them to keep vigilance on it as well as avoid scarcity of medical supplies in combating with it.
Earlier, Vietnam has prepared for the 30,000 Covid-19 infection scenario and asked different agencies to get ready for the preventive plan.
Given uncertainties in Covid-19, Vietnam focuses on testing, considering it one of key measures to cope with the pandemic. So far, it has a system of 123 clinics that are eligible to conduct tests and confirm Covid-19 cases.
As of May 6, more than 40.700 people are under quarantine. As many as 2,560 out of 3,030 infections have recovered. Meanwhile, the number of people died of Covid-19 remains 35 for a year now.
- North Korea issued 'informal apology' to Vietnam over allegedly tricking citizen into assassination
- There have been 33 cases of the norovirus this week
- Vietnam Rolls Out Cybersecurity Law Censoring ‘Toxic, Confusing’ Content Online
- Vietnam's clampdown on academic freedom
- Vietnam's Son wins, Liem draws at FIDE Grand Swiss in England
- Vietnam to host second Trump-Kim summit
- Alleged gardener at £600k cannabis factory claims he was trafficked from Vietnam
- Freeport accused of shadiness, says it surpasses EU rules
- When do FUT Weekend League Rewards for Fifa 19 come out?
- 19 cars worth waiting for in 2019
- Swedish hospital investigating suspected Ebola case
- Judge will decide whether future of man, 19,
Vietnam’s Covid-19 cases surpass 3,000 have 419 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.