The investors include Shanghai-based venture capital firms Axia8 Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, and the venture capital fund of cryptocurrency exchange OKEx in Hong Kong. Vietnam-based venture capitalist Megala Ventures and Chinese game developer Animoca Brands have also pitched in.
Based in HCMC, Topebox is the developer of hit games like Pocket Army, Sky Dancer: Free Falling, and King Rivals. It had bagged $1 million in the seed funding round from Singapore's mobile game publisher Habby in April last year.
My DeFi Pet is its first blockchain gaming project, which is set to launch globally in mid-May. The game will include decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible token (NFT) features. NFT is a unit of data stored on blockchain that certifies a digital asset to be unique and therefore not interchangeable.
Accordingly, players can earn tokens while playing the game, get rewards by participating in the game's events and make profit from selling in-game characters.
The Topebox developer team includes experienced game producers from Vietnam's gaming giant VNG and leading global mobile video games developer Gameloft.
It aims to have it business appraised and valued at $150 million in the next 3-5 years.
Before My DeFi Pet, Vietnam had developed another blockchain game called Axie Infinity, released in 2018. It was developed by Vietnamese game developer Sky Marvis and was the first blockchain game developed in Southeast Asia.
- PS4 News: Secret Sony PlayStation game projects revealed following shock Xbox news
- How a digital pioneer is building a stock exchange for startups on the blockchain
- A New Breed of Hunters Focuses on the Food
- A New Breed of Hunters Focuses on the Cooking
- Maisie Williams reveals Game Of Thrones fans WON'T like the ending
- The Making of Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption 2
- Adele goes incognito in all-black for a studio session in New York
- Former RHOBH star Eden Sassoon unveils her new look after face-lift
- Louise Redknapp, 44, gets windswept as she heads to radio studios
- What Does Roy Price’s Departure Mean for Amazon Studios?
- The Best Video Games of 2018
- The street hockey game that never ends
Vietnamese studio bags $1 mln funding for new blockchain game have 339 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.