At the event, Minister Long said that these experts would help Laos treat patients, establish intensive care units, and test units and field hospitals.
Apart from experts, Vietnam will also provide Laos with breathing machines, face masks, and other medical equipment.
He urged the experts to share experience in testing, waste management, and environment management during COVID-19 prevention and control. The Vietnamese medical staff will instruct Lao peers on how to use medical equipment as well.
The health officer also reminded the experts to ask the Lao side to connect with Vietnam's telehealth system, so that Vietnamese experts in the homeland could provide maximum assistance to the country to fight COVID-19.
Also at the meeting, Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son revealed that the Lao side proposed the Vietnamese medical experts to assist the country in the COVID-19 fight in Savanakhet and Vientiane.
He asked relevant units under the Ministry of Health to make good preparations for the medical experts in Laos.
The delegation of 35 medical experts to Laos is led by Doctor Hoang Minh Duc, Deputy Head of the Preventive Medicine Department.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Vietnamese doctors provide free health checks to Lao patients
- PM receives Lao Minister of Science and Technology
- Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights
- September 30-October 6: Lao Prime Minister visits Vietnam
- PM bids farewell to outgoing Lao Ambassador
- Việt Nam needs to do more to combat wildlife trafficking
- Vietnam needs to do more to combat wildlife trafficking
- Vietnamese people in France opened non-profit cafeteria
- World needs to hear much more from Vietnam regarding China’s violating its EEZ, Continental Shelf: expert
- From shell shock to PTSD: How our knowledge of combat trauma has changed in 100 years
- HCM City needs to upgrade industrial zones to attract FDI: experts
- Vietnamese Vice President pays official visit to Laos
Vietnamese medical experts to support Laos in COVID-19 combat have 296 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.