Tran Viet Van won first prize in the contest's Street Food category with a shot of four young girls enjoying che (sweet soup) on a street in Hoi An, a UNESCO heritage site and top tourist destination in Vietnam.
Girls enjoy che (sweet soup) in Hoi An, Quang Nam Province, central Vietnam. Photo by Viet Van Tran.
Street vendors selling sweet soup is a common sight in the ancient, well preserved town, especially in the streets of Hoang Dieu, Bach Dang, Phan Cu Trinh, and Nguyen Chi Thanh.
Photographer Nguyen Huu Thong bagged first prize in the “Food on the Table” category with a shot titled “Flea Market Breakfast” taken at a rural market in the northern highlands province of Ha Giang.
Nguyen Huu Thong’s photo captures a breakfast scene at a rural market in Ha Giang Province, northern Vietnam.
“2021 marks a very special year for Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year. On the competition's tenth anniversary, it is wonderful that a record number of entries were received,” said Phil Turnbull, CEO of Apple and Pear Australia Limited, owner of Pink Lady, and headline sponsor of the Awards since 2011.
“Almost 10,500 entries were submitted from over 70 countries and territories around the world. As the reach of the competition grows further, it continues to be a truly global inspiration and celebration of the art of food photography.”
In a first for the competition, the work of finalists in the 2021 contest will be exhibited at the Royal Photographic Society’s gallery in Bristol from November 20 to December 12.
- Las Vegas teacher wins Crayola contest from student nomination
- Enter our garden photo contest: Prizes for 1st place, People's Choice
- Al Johnson's restaurant wins national contest
- Southington Family's Safety Invention Wins National Contest
- 6 tips on how to win a cooking contest
- 2018 National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Contest Winner: Thousands of Volkswagen and Audi Cars in Mojave Desert
- Miss Asia Pacific International contestants shine in national costume segment
- Santa Ana Star Casino offers chance to win $100,000 in 'Freezy Money'
- See garden photo contest entries, submit your image to win prizes (photos)
- Las Vegas teacher wins $10K prize in Crayola contest
- See 2018 garden photo contest entries so far, add your own (photos)
- Akron-Summit Holocaust Arts and Writing Contest seeks entries
Vietnamese lensmen win UK contest prizes with appetizing entries have 373 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.