Minh affirmed that Vietnam treasures its strategic partnership with Germany which plays an important role in Europe and the world.
He expressed his delight at the strong and effective development of bilateral ties over the past 45 years, especially since the establishment of the strategic partnership.
Minh thanked Germany for actively supporting Vietnam-EU cooperative ties, especially its pushing forward the signing and ratification of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
He welcomed Germany's active and constructive role in the region and expected that Germany, with its key role in the EU, would continue promoting collaboration between the two regions via its policy orientations towards the Indo-Pacific on economy, trade-investment expansion, human resources development, and supporting ASEAN's central role in the region.
Maas, for his part, spoke highly of the achievements of the bilateral relationship and agreed to increase visits at all levels and work closely together to carry out the strategic action plan for the 2019-2021 period, thus further deepening bilateral cooperation in promising fields such as manufacturing and supporting industries, smart infrastructure, renewable energy and vocational training.
As Vietnam is assuming the role of ASEAN Chair 2020 and Germany is holding the rotating Presidency of the EU in the second half of this year, both sides promised to foster connectivity between the two regions and work together towards the establishment of the ASEAN-EU strategic partnership.
On regional and global issues of mutual concern, the two officials affirmed the importance of maintaining peace, stability and settlement of disputes via peaceful measures in the East Sea based on international law and the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS)./.
- Vietnamese, Nepalese Prime Ministers hold talks
- Vietnam attends 20th ASEAN+3 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- German culture minister calls for 'constructive' debate on Berlin Film Festival future
- It’s confusing, contradictory, nonsense: Europe minister dismisses case for Brexit
- Hanoi talk updates situation in Venezuela after presidential election
- FM Binh Minh holds sideline meetings with diplomats
- Vietnam, Cambodia hold sixth political consultation
- Brexit vote divides Europe's leaders as splits emerge on timing of talks
- Majority of Vietnam’s e-commerce companies are foreign invested: official
- Vietnamese PM in Quebec for G7 Outreach Summit, Canada visit
- Government leader hosts RoK Defence Minister
- Cameron to hold talks in Indonesia and Malaysia in fight against Isis
- Ministers deny plotting to oust May as Brexit rebels head for Chequers
- Trump says U.S. and North Korea are talking directly at 'extremely high levels'
- German cruise ship hit by rocket debris in Israel
- WATCH LIVE: Trump Holds Joint G7 Presser with Emmanuel Macron
- Vietnam, UK hold 7th strategic dialogue
- Lawmaker accused of dual citizenship only holds Vietnamese nationality: official
- Vice Presidents talk ways to reinforce Vietnam-Cuba relations
- Experiencing farmer life a new trend drawing foreign tourists to Vietnamese countryside locales
Vietnamese, German Foreign Ministers hold phone talks have 509 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 25, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.