On May 5, Star Telecom (Unitel), a joint venture of Viettel in Laos presented the Lao Government and people with more than 5 billion kip (nearly 538,000 USD) in cash and technology solutions to improve the efficiency of COVID-19 prevention and control.
Particularly, along with transferring over 500 million kip to the Lao Ministry of Health’s steering committee for COVID-19 prevention and control and over 1 billion kip to the bank accounts of frontline medical staff of Vientiane capital and Champasak and Luang Prabang provinces, Unitel assisted Laos' Health Ministry in operating a national vaccination information system worth more than 200,000 USD.
Earlier on May 3, the LaoVietBank, a joint venture between the two countries’ banks, also presented the Health Ministry of Laos with medical supplies worth more than 100 million kip (over 10,000 USD). Meanwhile, Vietnamese mining firm Sakai also handed over to Laos more than 208 million kip worth of cash, medical supplies and necessities.
At the same time, Venerable Thich Minh Quang and Buddhist dignitaries and followers in Phat Tich Pagoda in Laos as well as the Vietnamese Association in Vientiane capital provided free meals in some charity facilities in Vientiane.
Meanwhile, in recent days, Vietnamese Associations in many localities of Laos have called on Vietnamese people in Laos to join hands with Lao authorities and people in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, with fund value increasing through days.
- Vietnamese NA Vice Chairwoman meets IPU leader, Cuban counterpart
- Kids and Community - Where Has the Village Gone?
- 'Let me come home Mr Trump, I'm a patriot': Hollywood actor Michael Enright who spent two years fighting ISIS in Syria pleads with US President to be allowed home
- South China Sea: Vietnam vows to 'fight' for its territory in severe blow to Xi Jinping
- Three-year-old girl due to have open heart surgery at Halloween is treated to ‘best holiday ever’ when entire community pretends it's October 31 so she can go trick or treating
- Two local Londoners plan to reach new heights in fight against Alzheimer’s
- America's Green Communities
- Edited Transcript of GWPH.O earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of 1316.HK earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of LLNW earnings conference call or presentation 16-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
Vietnamese community in Laos joins hands in fighting COVID-19 have 362 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.