In the first match on June 7, Vietnam will face Indonesia at Al Maktoum Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Later, on June 11, also at Al Maktoum, the Golden Dragons will take on Malaysia. Vietnam's last game, with UAE, on June 15 will be hosted at Zabeel Stadium, Dubai.
All games will take place at 8:45 p.m. (local time), or 11:45 p.m. Hanoi time.
The organizer of the matches chose to host the games at night in order to avoid the scorching weather in UAE, which could hit 40 degrees Celsius during daytime.
The Vietnam national team will get a month to prepare for their World Cup qualifiers. They will train in south central Binh Dinh Province and Hanoi before flying to UAE on May 26. All members of the national team received their Covid-19 jab in April. However, they will still have to take Covid-19 tests 72 hours before flying to UAE.
On May 31, the team will play a friendly with Jordan in UAE to test the squad.
Vietnam are topping group G of the World Cup Asian qualifiers with 11 points after five games. The Golden Dragons will enter the final round of qualifiers for the first time in history if they score at least six points from three games.
- Woeful USA fail to make 2018 World Cup after loss to Trinidad & Tobago
- USA rampage past Jamaica to qualify for 2019 Women's World Cup
- Germany crash out of World Cup group stage after defeat by South Korea
- Phil Neville calls for ‘smiles not tears’ after England’s World Cup ends
- Jonny Wilkinson hails Eddie Jones' England as 'more complete' than 2003 World Cup winners
- The problems that may stop the US retaining the Women's World Cup
- Do the US need to win the World Cup to secure their fight for equal pay?
- USA emerge as World Cup favorites as hosts France crack under pressure
- Germany on the Ropes as It Faces Sweden in World Cup
- Farfus Takes Honours for BMW at FIA GT World Cup
Vietnam to play World Cup qualifiers behind closed doors have 322 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.