Vietnamese State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has requested relevant agencies to grant a university student the martyr title for sacrificing his own life to save his three friends from drowning, according to the Vietnam Government Portal .
State President Phuc on Sunday extended his condolences to the family of Nguyen Van Nha, 23, who hailed from the north-central province of Nghe An and studied at the University of Sciences – Hue University in central Thua Thien – Hue Province.
The Vietnamese leader asked local authorities to carry out necessary procedures to honor Nha with the Bravery Order, which is given to individuals who have taken brave acts to save people or property of the state and the people, as well as recognizing him as a martyr.
He also asked the Nghe An and Thua Thien – Hue Province administrations and the board of the University of Sciences – Hue University for providing support for Nha's family.
On April 30, a group of students from Hue University, including Nha, took a swim at a beach in Phu Vang District, Thua Thien – Hue Province.
As three girls were swept away by strong waves and began to drown, Nha rushed to save the victims.
After bringing his friends to safety, Nha was washed away and drowned due to exhaustion.
His funeral was organized at his home in Nghe An Province on Sunday afternoon.
The University of Sciences – Hue University will organize a ceremony to pay tribute to the young hero on campus at 7:00 pm on Tuesday.
- State President welcomes world-class Australian education
- Former state president enjoys lunch with low-income people
- Student dies after saving 5 others from drowning
- Vietnamese man died saving Taiwanese child
- State President’s visit to Russia ends in great success
- State President attends 63rd anniversary of Students' Traditional Day
- State President joins National Economics University 55th anniversary
- Top leaders pay tribute to former State President
- USSH should innovate curricula, methodologies: State President
- Vice State President concludes stop-over in France
- State President Triet successfully concludes official visit to Laos
- State President Truong Tan Sang visits Germany to boost cooperation
Vietnam state president to give Bravery Order to student who died saving drowning friends have 349 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.