“Patient 2950” and “Patient 2951” are F1 cases of Covid-19 patients linked to a Ha Nam man who returned from Japan and tested positive after completing his two-week centralized quarantine in Da Nang City.
With the two new infections, northern Ha Nam Province, around 60 kilometers from Hanoi, has recorded 18 patients since Thursday.
Six other cases, numbered from 2957 to 2962, are female staff of Sunny Dong Son bar in Phuc Yen Town of northern Vinh Phuc Province. They came in close contact with five Chinese experts of Trung Bac A Minerals JSC, four of whom were confirmed positive for the coronavirus after returning to China.
Vinh Phuc has identified 92 F1 cases, 178 F2 cases and 57 F3 cases of the six patients. 104 people in Vinh Phuc have been isolated, of which 10 are isolated in the Hanoi-based National Hospital of Tropical Diseases and the remaining in medical facilities of the province.
The eight new patients are being treated at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases.
After entering Vietnam, the Chinese experts were sent to Nhu Nguyet 2 hotel in Yen Bai Town for 14-day centralized quarantine from April 9 to 23. They had their samples taken for coronavirus testing thrice, with all results negative.
After completing their centralized quarantine period, the group was handed to Trung Bac A Company and continued to have their health monitored for 14 days at Bao Yen Hotel in Nghia Lo Town, Yen Bai Province under supervision of local medical staff.
Vu Hien Hanh, vice chairwoman of Yen Bai, said the experts had voluntarily left their hotel and visited many localities like Lao Cai, Vinh Phuc, Lai Chau and Yen Bai provinces, all in northern Vietnam, from April 23 to 25.
On April 28, they returned to China through Huu Nghi border gate in Lang Son Province.
The resurgence of community transmissions came as Vietnamese are undertaking the four-day holiday that began on Friday, seeing top tourist destinations in Vietnam overrun by holiday crowds .
Vietnam's Covid-19 tally of 2,962 cases to date includes 2,549 recoveries and 35 deaths.
- Four new cases take Vietnam’s Covid-19 count to 249
- 11 more patients discharged, Vietnam’s Covid-19 active cases down to 111
- No new cases of COVID-19 reported in Vietnam on April 8 evening
- Two cases of community transmission send Vietnam Covid-19 count to 251
- Two community transmission cases up Vietnam Covid-19 count to 251
- 15,000 associated with virus-hit Hanoi hospital test Covid-19 negative
- Latest covid-19 news in Vietnam and Southeast Asia on April 7 (updated hourly)
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Vietnam confirms 249 cases, 122 fully recover
- National steering committee: Vietnam must remain vigilant in COVID-19 fight
- COVID 19: Positive patients stay at 255, no new cases reported
Vietnam confirms eight more Covid-19 community transmissions have 419 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.