The new cases were numbered 2963-2981. The nine imported cases were quarantined upon entry in the southern provinces of Ba Ria-Vung Tau and Kien Giang, central Khanh Hoa province, and central Da Nang City.
Five new community transmission cases, numbered 2972-2976, were recorded in northern Vinh Phuc Province, all female employees at a medical center in the province’s Vinh Yen Town and having made contact with a group of Chinese experts who tested positive with the coronavirus after returning to China.
Three other patients, numbered 2977-2979, also in Vinh Phuc, are all male aged 27-38. They are associated with a karaoke parlor in Phuc Yen Town, which is now a coronavirus hotspot.
The two remaining community transmission cases were recorded in northern Ha Nam Province, both being close contacts with confirmed coronavirus cases associated with a man who returned from Japan and tested positive after completing his two-week centralized quarantine in Da Nang City.
All ten community transmission cases are now being treated at Hanoi’s National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
Vinh Phuc has recorded 14 new community transmission cases and Ha Nam 20 since April 29.
On Monday, the Hoan My Da Nang Hospital in the eponymous city has been locked down starting 4.30 p.m. after a patient showed signs of Covid-19.
Vietnam has recorded 34 community transmission cases since last Thursday in Ha Nam, Hanoi, Hung Yen, HCMC and Vinh Phuc.
The country has vaccinated over 532,000 people against Covid-19, mainly frontline workers of the Covid-19 fight. Around 40,000 are in quarantine.
The total coronavirus tally is at 2,981, with 35 deaths.
- Never captured, Vietnam medevac pilot from Harrisburg is a POW nonetheless
- 'This is Us' Producers on Jack Pearson, Vietnam and Military Veterans Returning Home
- Vietnam’s No-Nonsense New President Takes Lead
- The 2 Women Who Left Vietnam’s ‘The Bachelor’ To Be Together Have Made It Official
- Navy veterans who say they were exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam ask VA for benefits
- 2 mental health patients in sheriff's van drown, deputies rescued in South Carolina
- Vietnam capital Hanoi tells citizens to stop eating dog meat due to rabies risk
- 4 more cases confirmed in viral outbreak at pediatric center
- HIFU Prostate Services Treats 1,000th Patient with HIFU, a Non-Invasive Prostate Cancer Treatment
- White Supremacy Is Front And Center At Brett Kavanuagh’s Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing
- Reliq Health Technologies Announces Kick Off of Patient Onboarding at Rio Grande Valley Health Alliance in Texas
- Moleculin Announces New Data Discovery Confirming Significant Increase in Potential to Starve Cancerous Tumors
Vietnam confirms 19 more Covid-19 patients have 403 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.