Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam has exerted sound control over the latest outbreak of COVID-19 in the country, particularly at the Hanoi-based National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and the Vietnam National Cancer Hospital (Hospital K), Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen affirmed at a May 12 online working session with the two medical facilities, which have been hotspots during this outbreak.
Tuyen said that new community infections linked to the two hospitals have been recorded, adding that they have made all-out efforts to stamp out the pandemic.
He requested them ensure their facilities and equipment are ready to receive COVID-19 patients.
The deputy minister also asked the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases to review its regulations, instructions, and procedures in patient treatment areas to avoid cross-transmission and the spread of the disease to the community.
He said it is necessary to review screening activities, adding that hospital staff working in risky areas like patient reception desks, examination departments, and emergency sections should receive periodic Covid-19 testing at least once a week.
The COVID-19 tally in Vietnam stood at 3,593 as of 12:00 on May 12. Cases have now been found in 26 cities and provinces nationwide./.
- Returning jihadists, street artists from Benin, and universal basic income
- Vietnam observes International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Basic income: Finland experiment shows only modest benefits
- Ewan MacKenna: 'Using the GAA to bring about a United Ireland would be self-defeating'
- Patrick Quirke describes theory he alerted gardaí to be 'in control' of murder probe as 'load of crap', court told
- How one Donegal island is taking control of its broadband future
- Wilder weather and heat caused by climate change 'will bring a significant health risk'
- 19 dead, 73 injured after breaks out at skyscraper in Bangladesh, dozens still trapped
- Ho Chi Minh City most populous city in Vietnam: 2019 census
- Should GDOE reclaim control of sports?
- 19 things I wish I knew before going to Disneyland Paris
- UK Drive: A refresh brings zest to the Audi TT S Roadster
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 19 March 2019
- Brexit latest news: Theresa May postpones third vote on deal as MPs prepare to vote on taking control of Brexit
- Brexit latest news: MPs back indicative votes to take control of Brexit process
- 19 employees earned more than £100k in year Northamptonshire County Council banned spending
- Google April Fool brings Snake back to your phone – here’s how to play it right now
- MPs dramatically seize control of Brexit from Theresa May
- 19-month old who has up to 50 seizures a day is denied medicinal cannabis despite it being made legal last year
- Fish of the Week: basics instinct
Vietnam basically bringing COVID-19 under control have 450 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.