Martins first joined SLNA in the second leg of V. League 2020 on a short-term contract. He only scored two goals after seven games and his contract was not extended after the season ended. The second time was at the start of V. League 2021, when a foreign player at SLNA suffered sudden injury, causing the club to sign Martins again on a trial contract to fill the spot. He scored one goal in two games before being released by SLNA.
Now, as V. League 2021 is about to enter the second leg, SLNA once again signed Martins to fill the spot of Serbian defender Igor Jelic, who will miss the rest of the season due to injury.
However, SLNA can still change their mind before May 23, when the transfer window closes. The club can replace Martins if they can find a better player, since the 30-year-old’s contract is only temporary.
Martins was supposed to sign a one-year contract with Nam Dinh FC earlier this season, but his ability failed to meet the requirements of the board so he was released right after a few pre-season match.
SLNA are at the bottom of V. League 2021 and they will have to fight to avoid relegation during the second phase of the season.
Their next game is against Hanoi on May 7.
In the second leg of V. League this year, the top six teams of the first leg will compete for the title in table A, while table B is the relegation battle of the bottom eight clubs.
- Catalans Dragons alerted fellow Super League clubs ahead of contentious Israel Folau signing
- Israel Folau breaks silence on Catalans move as Super League clubs take legal advice
- Israel Folau 'grateful' to be at Catalans Dragons as Super League club stand by signing
- Super League clubs threaten to SUE Catalans Dragons over controversial Israel Folau signing
- Premier League Clubs Vote For Longer Summer Transfer Window
- Premier League clubs will scrap early summer transfer deadline TODAY as Big Six push through U-turn
- Premier League clubs vote for longer summer transfer window
- Premier League clubs push summer transfer window closure back to September
- Premier League clubs to extend bans for fan abuse
- Report: Barca to sell Coutinho with five Premier League clubs on alert
V. League club recruit Brazilian thrice in one year have 366 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.