Taking body temperature amid Covid-19 pandemic
A woman in Hanoi, Hoai Thu said she wanted to take her children to Danang but news about Covid-19 cases found in several provinces, including Danang on May 3, worried her. Thu then cancelled the tour despite having paid VND10m (USD434).
In HCM City, many tours for the Reunification Holiday have ended, some longer tours will end in one or two more days. Most of the customers called to cancel tours for the summer holiday from May to July.
Pham Quy Huy, director of Kiwi Travel, said 80% of their tours had been cancelled and some other tours were postponed. This would pose difficulties because of many pre-arranged services and contracts. The company would lose about VND1bn (USD43,300).
Nguyen Minh Man, PR director of TST Tourist, also shared the same difficulties.
“We actually got used to not rolling out new tours when there was an outbreak but the current situation worries us. We have to carefully prepare amid the pandemic and have plans for different scenarios to boost business in third and final quarters,” he said.
Tran Doan The Duy, director of Vietravel, said they immediately removed tours to Ha Nam when an outbreak was detected there. They haven’t received any directives from the authorities about suspending tours so they still issue a surcharge for customers when they cancel tours in accordance to the contract.
“We have replaced different destinations in tours to Ha Nam, Hanoi or Yen Bai to ensure a safe trip for tourists. The tourists have to fill in the medical declaration forms and our vehicles are disinfected frequently,” he said.
Tran Thi Bao Thu from Fiditour-Vietluxtour said they were following the situation to have suitable plans. Each customer was given a face mask and hand wash. Their guides were asked to not lead tourists to crowded places.
“We surveyed the sites carefully and collaborated with accommodation facilities to make sure that all preventive measures are followed,” she said.
- Fish factories face tough times in Iceland
- Easter weekend travel: Holidaymakers face chaos on trains, boats and planes
- UK high street faced tough first quarter, according to EY
- Aldershot face tough route in the play-offs
- Sprint-T-Mobile Deal Faces Tough Path Through Trump's Washington
- Ulster face tough start to PRO14 campaign and put on a show at Coleraine
- Greg Wright: Morrisons’ revival is to be celebrated as construction firms face uncertain times
- Danes face tougher time obtaining Indian tourist visas
- Don't miss the boat if you have to reclaim disrupted travel costs
- New holiday law will force many online travel agents to deliver better service
- Northern Rail timetables – which cancelled trains have been reinstated?
- ITV News exclusive: Govia Thameslink underestimated rail cancellations by ten fold
Travel companies face tough times as tours face mass cancellations have 466 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.