Not just residents, visitors to Tra Vinh are also deeply impressed by the "green city". Urban areas in the Mekong Delta are inherently greener, with canals and gardens being quite common. And Tra Vinh is greener than most, with about 14,000 old trees that have been cared for and protected by both the local government and people for more than half a century.
Greenery has become a historical part of this area, creating a unique cultural identity for the people and land of Tra Vinh.
Over the course of its 100 years, Tra Vinh city has faced a great deal of pressure and challenges from urban development and economic growth. This pressure encouraged the city to create specific plans that are appropriate for its own development.
It is no coincidence that Tra Vinh has become a "unique" place in terms of greenery and is referred to as "the city in the middle of the old forest". The much-cherished "green treasure" of local people is a valuable example for other localities about the conservation and development of urban greenery./.
- Project helps create sustainable livelihood for farmers in Tra Vinh
- Ethnic Khmer handicraft villages expand in Tra Vinh
- Lost cities #7: how Nasa technology uncovered the 'megacity' of Angkor
- Halfway to boiling: the city at 50C
- Mumbai's endangered Parsis fight to preserve the city's greenest space
- Lost cities #8: mystery of Cahokia – why did North America's largest city vanish?
- Europe's most beautiful cities: destination Funchal
- Three-tier cooperation plan to boost tra fish quality approved
- Vice President visits poor families in Vinh Long province
- Businesses faces Tra fish material shortages
- Nazis and fairytales: Germany's forests are full of hidden history
- EU sets up fleet to combat forest fires
- Cities across world pledge air pollution changes, but are they ready?
- Kochi now has a venomous tag – Kerala's Snake City!
- Why the Turahalli forest is significant to Bengaluru’s six-decade-old climbing community
- Climate change: Millions of hectares of tropical forest destroyed in 2018
- World is losing vital forests quicker than ever
- Forest SOS: Earth's green lungs disappear
- Building tiny forests, one tree at a time
- In the forest, a voice: On Diwali, Ramayana show us the light, warn us against darkness
Tra Vinh - A city in the forest have 386 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.