Thai conglomerate SCG reported revenues of VND8.2 trillion (US$356 million) for the first quarter, a 34 per cent year-on-year increase.
The results were driven by higher sales by its chemicals business, the company said.
It was also driven by seasonal improvements in its cement-building materials business and higher contributions from its packaging business because of active downstream portfolio expansion and a diverse customer base.
SCG Packaging has been helping authorities in Hai Duong Province tackle COVID-19, donating 100 paper beds to field hospitals.
In other charity works, 'SCG Sharing the Dream Scholarship,' its 14-year-old flagship programme, has funded over 5,000 students nation-wide.
It provides financial aid to students and shares knowledge in communities about sustainability, ethics and leadership. — VNS
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance targets 80 per cent growth
- Consumers benefit as LED bulb prices crash while companies stare at muted growth
- Technology Companies Report Hiring Slowdown in Asia Pacific
- Tesla shares fall more than 7% after company reports record loss
- Digital revenues at IT cos growing steadily, here's why
- Special report - Hobbling Huawei: Inside the U.S. war on China's tech giant
- How to pay $20 million tax on more than $1 billion in revenue — ask Amazon Australia
- TowerJazz shares fall after revenue outlook disappoints
- Israel's Wix.com third quarter profit up, trims 2019 revenue outlook
- Weak sales growth hits American Eagle outlook; shares slide
- Oreo maker Mondelez raises sales forecast as emerging markets fuel growth
- 'Q2 review: Bet on these 13 stocks for strong growth in FY21'
- Good times may be back for Indian IT companies
- AGC Networks CEO Anil Nair mulling buys, expansion as company posts operating profit
- India's domestic air passenger traffic beats global trend, up by 8.9 per cent in July: IATA
- Domestic air passenger traffic rises 9.1 per cent in January
- Physical Therapy Technology Company Earns Prestigious Award
- Bharat Road Network eyes growth via acquisition, consolidation of stake in existing projects
- Slowing digital-ad growth could force change on Google
- Zara, H&M report high revenues in Vietnam
Thai company reports 34 per cent growth in revenues have 317 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.