HCM City (VNA) – State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc joined other candidates for the upcoming elections of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People's Councils in Ho Chi Minh City at a conference reviewing the socio-economic-cultural situation and national defence-security in HCM City’s outlying districts of Cu Chi and Hoc Mon on May 6.
The event was held three day before the first meeting between voters and the candidates in constituency No 10 in Cu Chi district, scheduled for May 9.
Phuc hailed the municipal Election Committee for holding the event to help the candidates grasp the local situation and devise action plans to meet public needs.
Expressing his honour at being a candidate of Cu Chi , he said Cu Chi and Hoc Mon have advantages in land and socio-economic infrastructure, which provide a launch pad for them to prosper in the future.
Further attention should also be paid to new-style rural development, the building of ecological urban areas and green belts, and making changes to the structure of the local workforce.
He asked that the two districts provide more care to the families of revolution contributors, and disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, while maintaining national defence-security and social safety and order and ensuring COVID-19 prevention and control.
Phuc hoped that the two districts would uphold their glorious revolutionary tradition and optimise their existing advantages for growth.
- HCM City seeks approval to decide major projects
- HCM City, An Giang leaders visit Evangelical churches ahead of Christmas
- HCM City little boy poisoned after drinking rhino horn powder
- SF rejects latest bid to strip funds from sanctuary cities
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Jeff Sessions mounts a comeback bid for Senate
- Jeff Sessions announces run for Senate seat in Alabama
- Ho Chi Minh City’s photo exhibition features ethnic groups
- Ho Chi Minh City to expand e-government services
- Iowa 2018 Election Results: Iowa Flips 2 Seats, King Holds On
- State And Local Republican Officials Have Been Bashing Muslims. We Counted.
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump says Dems shouldn't hold public hearings
- President Trump calls Rep. Elijah Cummings 'brutal bully' and Baltimore 'disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess'
State President holds working session with Cu Chi, Hoc Mon districts in HCM City have 364 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.