Viet Nam’s largest brewer Sai Gon Beer-Alcohol-Beverage JSC (Sabeco) earned VND986 billion (US$42.6 million) in post-tax profit in the first quarter of this year, an increase of 37.5 per cent compared to the same period in 2020.
The figures were released in Sabeco's consolidated financial statements for the first quarter of 2021.
Net revenue reached VND5.86 trillion, 19 per cent higher than the same period last year. Gross profit was VND1.7 trillion, up by 26.5 per cent. Gross profit margin improved from 27.6 per cent to 29.2 per cent.
Along with the increase in revenue, selling expenses and administrative expenses increased by 51 per cent and 21 per cent, respectively.
Revenue from financial activities increased by 55 per cent to touch VND417 billion. Sabeco’s profit improved sharply year-on-year thanks to a significant contribution from financial activities.
Inventories increased by more than 41 per cent to VND2 trillion. Inventory of finished products increased from VND623 billion to VND1 trillion, up 66 per cent.
Sabeco’s cash and deposits, amount to VND16.35 trillion, accounting for nearly 61 per cent of its asset structure. The company continues to maintain short-term debt of just over VND880 billion.
This year, Sabeco targets revenue of VND33.49 trillion, up by 20 per cent. After-tax profit is expected to total nearly VND5.3 trillion, up 7 per cent compared to 2020. It plans to pay dividend at a rate of 35 per cent in cash.VNS
- Textile firms see profits drop
- Commodity Outlook: Gold rises on trade deal jitters; crude may see profit booking
- Heineken sells 5.2 million Sabeco's stocks
- Rs 80,000 crore fall in bad loans for PSBs, pvt banks see NPAs rise by `6,000 crore’
- Vietnam Top 10 Most Profitable Companies in 2019: Who is who?
- Reliance Industries March quarter net profit jumps 10% to Rs 10,362 cr; surpasses street estimates
- Ways to profit from $17 trillion of negative-yielding debt
- Tech Mahindra to acquire US-based Born Group; Q2 profit jumps 5.6% to Rs 1,124 crore
- Mother, 37, claims her life has been ruined after a 'botched' C-section triggered a stroke that has left her wheelchair-bound, incontinent and suicidal
- Vietnamese films earn big profits
- SCIC reports profits 52 percent higher than target
- High street sales frenzy: Struggling stores slash their prices by up to 90 per cent in a panic to win customers with deepest cuts in 15 years
- Chinese man, 37, is jailed after trying to spray 'China will win' on US consulate in Hong Kong to protest against 'foreign meddling' in the city's anti-government demonstrations
- Millennials are 'seeing their health decline faster than Generation X' in a trend which could send US healthcare costs spiraling, experts warn
- Commonwealth Bank could face lost decade of profit growth: analyst
- Stock market sees positive growth in Q1
- Seeing the doctor? Scientists say you should MEDITATE in the waiting room 'because it will help you relax and pay more attention to the advice'
- ‘Power’ Unveils Guest Stars For Final Episodes; 50 Cent Teases Spinoff Casting
- No. 7 ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Australian apartments prices to fall ‘15 to 20 per cent’ in Sydney and Melbourne in just two years
Sabeco sees profit up 37 per cent have 500 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.