According to leading brokerage SSI Securities Corporation, the total issued volume of corporate bonds was VND37.4 trillion (over $1.6 billion) in Q1, down nearly 24 percent year-on-year. Sixty-two percent came from real estate developers at an amount of VND23.15 trillion (nearly $1 billion) issued, a year-on-year decrease of 5 percent.
Issuance volume by securities companies and non-bank financial institutions accounted for 6.8 percent, energy and mineral enterprises (4.5 percent), commercial banks (3.3 percent) and infrastructure development enterprises (3.1 percent).
Average maturity of real estate bonds issued in Q1 fell sharply to 2.9 years, from the average 3.9 years in 2019 and 2020. Their average interest rate reached 10.41 percent per year, the highest rate on the market. Banking has the lowest average interest rate, at only 4.67 percent per year.
There are VND3.4 trillion (nearly $147 million) of corporate bonds, accounting for 9.2 percent, with collateral entirely of stocks, including bonds of PDR of Phat Dat Real Estate Development, KDC of packaged food producer Kido Group, KBC of industrial real estate developer Kinh Bac City Development Holding Corporation,, APH of plastic producer An Phat Holdings, and DXG of property developer Dat Xanh Group.
Affected by regulations on investment conditions for privately issued bonds, individual investors only bought VND1.53 trillion worth of corporate bonds on the primary market in Q1, equalling 16 percent that of the same period last year.
The Vietnamese government has recently issued a decree that effectively limits companies to no more than two bond issuances a year, after the Ministry of Finance issued warnings about the potential risks of investing in bonds and telling retail investors “not to purchase bonds just because of high interest rates.”
- INFINITY REAL ESTATE BUYS REMAINING COMMERCIAL CONDOS AT 2063 BISCAYNE BOULEVARD
- Vingroup crowned most reputable real estate developer in Vietnam
- Vietnamese real estate developers have ‘Disneyland dream’
- Industrial real estate developers see great opportunities in Vietnam
- Upbeat real estate execs are more bullish on 2018
- Here are the top 5 D-FW real-estate deals in April, including Samsung's big move
- How Blackstone Became China’s Real Estate Connection
- M&A in Infrastructure and Real Estate Market Report 2018 Global Market Analysis by Types Players Status Forecasts 2023
- A seat at the proverbial ‘table’ through real estate investments
- Stocks in the news: Wipro, Emami, Bharti Airtel, UltraTech, Vedanta, IFCI, Indiabulls Real Estate
- The Deleveraging Myth And The Revival Of US Real Estate Concerns
- The Deleveraging Myth And The Revival Of U.S. Real Estate Concerns
- Is this a good time to invest in real estate?
- Declining sentiment stresses need for ‘affordability’ across all real estate
- Big industrial deals have more real estate investors taking note of Denver market
- PE investment in real estate up 15 pc in Jan-March to Rs 16,530 cr
- Hot real estate market: Long Islanders are rushing to close deals
- What do real estate billionaires contribute to the economy?
- Seeking Development Model for Vietnam Real Estate Market
- This Refugee-Turned-Entrepreneur owns 2 IHOP Restaurants, her own Soul Food Restaurant, and a $250 million Real Estate Portfolio
Real estate developers remain largest bond issuers have 466 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.