The use of livestreaming to sell agriculture produce is quite a new concept and only recently applied in Son La province. Here, an influencer with a huge number of followers introduces plums to boost consumption of the local specialty. The effort is the result of coordination between a number of individuals, organisations, and local authorities to provide support to the promotion and consumption of local plums.
One hour of livestreaming attracted more than 500,000 views, and after two days the number had increased to more than 3 million, with a total of 20 tonnes of plums sold. Online sales have contributed to promoting the Tam Hoa plum brand among many more people throughout the entire country.
Tam Hoa plums are a high yield crop, and in recent years there have been many localities planting the variety as their main crop. But due to a lack of communications and promotional efforts, they were still mostly consumed locally or in neighbouring areas. To remove the obstacles, the local government established a campaign committee to support the promotion and consumption of plums and of agricultural products in general through social networks and e-commerce sites.
Selling goods online and through e-commerce sites has many benefits, but quality must be ensured when products reach consumers. In order to guarantee the fair sale and uniform quality of agricultural products, authorities at all levels in Son La have created specific lists, giving priority to households that do not use fertilisers or chemical pesticides in the growing process./.
- Vietnam targets 41 billion USD in agriculture export in 2021
- Việt Nam targets $41b agriculture export in 2021
- Viet Nam targets $41b agriculture export in 2021
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 2
- US hits China with increased tariffs on 1,300 imports
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 23
- Recovery outlook lifts most bourses but SET falters
Pushing agricultural product consumption through e-commerce have 322 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.