Le Trung Chinh, chairman of the central city’s People’s Committee, said the city has received around 11,800 entrants since the beginning of this year. In April alone, it has received over 8,000 people, he added.
As it continued to receive repatriated Vietnamese, Da Nang has repeatedly recorded new coronavirus cases. The city has recorded 61 cases already since March 30.
The Da Nang Lung Hospital, being the receiver of all those Covid-19 cases, has experienced immense and long-lasting pressure, especially as Da Nang has recorded a coronavirus-positive case on Monday amid a recent Covid-19 outbreak since last Thursday, he said.
Besides medical workers, Da Nang’s other forces in the coronavirus fight, including those in monitoring roles and those responsible for quarantining, are being overloaded as well. Therefore, the city has requested not to receive any more repatriation flights to make its Covid-19 fight more effective, he added.
On Monday, a 28-year-old male hotel employee in Hai Chau District has tested positive for the coronavirus, forcing a local hospital where the man was admitted to to be locked down starting Monday afternoon, and the hotel where the man worked at was locked down as well along with 11 hotel employees.
The city would suspend non-essential businesses and services such as gyms, festivals and sporting events starting Tuesday amid rising coronavirus concerns, the municipal People’s Committee announced.
- Domestic flights to and from Da Nang resumed
- Airlines increase flights to transfer passengers from Da Nang
- Authorities propose resumption of passenger transport to, from Da Nang
- All passenger transport services from/to Da Nang resumed
- Covid-19 epicenter Da Nang to screen all families, possibly ease social distancing
- Da Nang eases social distancing norms
- Da Nang wants to resume post COVID-19 transportation services
- Da Nang to loosen social distancing from 0am on September 5
- Da Nang discharges 31 COVID-19 patients
- Da Nang, JICA shake hands in Lien Chieu Port development
- An additional 11 patients in Da Nang recover from COVID-19
- 19 patients linked to Da Nang Covid-19 outbreak recover
No more repatriation flights to Da Nang, city requests have 320 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.