Chu Xuan Dung, deputy chairman of the municipal People's Committee, said Tuesday residents should refrain from gathering in public spaces, and keep maintaining a distance of at least a meter from each other.
He said they should not exercise or play sports as a group in parks, gardens and other public spaces.
Any celebrations and other gatherings must strictly follow all coronavirus prevention measures, including the submitting of medical declarations and wearing masks, he added.
Dung's announcement was made as part of the capital city's response to the nationwide Covid-19 outbreak since last week that has so far seen 38 community transmissions recorded in seven localities: Ha Nam, Vinh Phuc, Hanoi, Hung Yen, Da Nang, Yen Bai and HCMC.
Hanoi so far has recorded four community cases and locked down several locations including the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, its frontline hospital in the Covid-19 fight. The capital city has also suspended many non-essential services including theaters, massage parlors, gyms and outdoor food vendors and cafes.
The city currently has over 2,400 people under centralized quarantine.
- No need to panic, Kejriwal tells residents amid COVID-19 fear
- Hanoi urbanites adapt to epidemic battle
- The Queen made a noticeable coronavirus precaution during her latest public appearance
- Lagos airport holds emergency simulation exercise
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 review
- The smile that said 'I'm pregnant, but not telling': Carrie Symonds has been seen in public just once since Boris Johnson's election victory
- How can you tell if you have a cold, the flu, or coronavirus? Local experts weigh in
- Coronavirus will brutally expose the effect of a decade of public service cuts
- Trump privately vents over coronavirus even as he publicly insists everything is fine
- UK's coronavirus battle plan: Britons could face European-style ban on public gatherings and fines for entering 'infected' areas as Boris Johnson warns of 'significant' spread within days
- General Alkali: We want all mining ponds in Berom searched for possibly more victims — Plateau residents
- Donald Trump publicly spars with nation's top coronavirus expert Dr Tony Fauci as he demands vaccine in a 'couple of months' - and epidemic chief tells him: 'Like I told you, a year.'
No exercising in public, Hanoi tells residents have 350 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.