The information was released at a meeting of the steering committee for the implementation of the projects to build a national database on population and a system for citizen ID production, issuance, and management on May 4.
Speaking at the event, Minister of Public Security General To Lam lauded efforts made by public security forces of the units and localities in carrying out the two projects.
He affirmed that with the high determination of the sector, and support from localities and people, the goal of issuing 50 million ID cards before July 1 will be fulfilled.
He asked members of the steering committee and leaders of units to direct more drastically the implementation of measures to clean up population data, and ensure technical and safety conditions when the national database on population is officially connected with other databases.
Under the Law on Citizen Identification in 2014, people from 14 years of age can obtain an ID card, which is then renewed when they turn 25, 40, and 60.
The national population database system is one of five databases that help form e-Government, while also serving as a basis to develop the digital economy and society and creating a premise for building other databases.
- NIMC’s unwarranted ID Card charges
- Indian government plans to issue ID cards to cows
- Square Eschews Free, Starts $29 Pre-Orders For Chip-Based Card Readers
- Accel Puts $34 Million In Online Payments Platform Braintree
- India leaves nearly two million people off citizens' list, fate uncertain
- Major flaw in millions of Intel chips revealed
- Thinking big: New Zealand's growing pains as population nears 5 million
- Own a HDFC Bank Credit Card? Here’s all you need to know
- Card details of nearly 1.3mn Indian banking customers up for sale on dark web
- Why Smart Cards Are A Better Option than Normal Credit Cards
- National ID registration will provide data for proper planning ― Okowa
- Use your weapon of Voter ID against the terror's weapon of IED: PM Narendra Modi
Nearly 34 million citizens make chip-based ID cards have 308 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.