Vietnam reported no new Covid-19 cases on the morning of May 2, marking 12 hours without community transmission, according to the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
As of 6am, May 2, 2021, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases remained at 1,587, of whom 927 were new cases detected between January 27 and May 2, 2021.
Localities around the country are tightening pandemic prevention measures. Photo: Kinh te & Do thi
More than 40,563 people are being quarantined across the country, with 541 at hospitals, 23,125 at designated facilities and 16,897 at their accommodations.
According to statistic from Medical Service Administration (Ministry of Health), among the cases of Covid-19 under treatment, the number of cases tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 virus was 72.
Another 1,580 people were injected with COVID-19 vaccine on May 1 throughout seven provinces and cities, including Hanoi, HCMC, Bac Ninh, Ba Ria Vung Tau, Gia Lai, Quang Ninh and Hai Duong.
As of 4pm on May 1, the country has carried out Covid-19 vaccination (two shots) for 511,435 people who are health care workers treating COVID patients, front line workers in the Covid-19 pandemic fight, soldiers and police officers, among others.
After locally-infected cases were detected in late April, localities around the country are tightening pandemic prevention measures.
- New Urine Dipstick Test Detects Cause of Disease That Blinds Millions
- Outbreak of rare eye infection affecting contacts wearers in UK
- 43 Best New Android Apps And Live Wallpapers From The Last 2 Weeks (6/18/11
- Skin patch can detect antibiotic levels in the body to warn doctors if they are not working against an infection
- Panic as bat-borne virus kills 10, infects at least 13 more
- Stanford scientists invent a magnet that detects tumor cells
- Disc jockey who inspired Robin Williams' role in 'Good Morning Vietnam,' dies
- New Techniques can Detect Lyme Disease Weeks Before Current Tests
- Smart bandage sees when wound is infected and treats it automatically
- US Citizen William Nguyen To Be Deported From Vietnam After 40-Day Arrest
- US Ambassador to Vietnam makes first moon cake with children
- ISIS In New York? Man Sentenced 20 Years For Providing Support To Terrorists
Morning May 2: No new Covid-19 infections detected in Vietnam have 325 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.