Hanoi (VNA) – Ways to facilitate Vietnam's development of cross-border e-commerce were discussed at a workshop on exporting Vietnamese products to the world with Amazon on April 28 in Hanoi.
The workshop was held jointly by the Vietnam E-commerce and Digital Economy Agency at the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, and Amazon Global Selling.
Lai Viet Anh, deputy head of the agency, said Vietnam has the fastest cross-border e-commerce growth rate in the world.
Cross-border e-commerce continues to be an effective way for Vietnamese businesses to open their doors to global supply chains and minimise risks when traditional supply chains are disrupted or stagnant due to the COVID-19 pandemic, she added.
Last year, despite the impact of the pandemic, Vietnam's business-to-consumer e-commerce sales grew by 18 percent to 11.8 billion USD, accounting for 5.5 percent of the country's total retail sales and service revenue. It is eyeing annual growth of 25 percent during 2021-2025, to hit 35 billion USD.
To help Vietnamese goods connect effectively with the global market, Anh stressed the need for enterprises to engage in and adapt to the trend, besides measures carried out by competent agencies.
Assessing cross-border e-commerce as an effective export channel, acting director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade Tran Thi Phuong Lan said that sales via e-commerce platforms are also one of the fastest ways for businesses, especially those of small and medium size, to build their own brands for bringing goods to the world.
Gijae Seong, Vietnam Country Manager at Amazon Global Selling, said his company hopes to contribute more to the development of cross-border e-commerce in Vietnam.
Joining hands with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in helping Vietnamese businesses develop cross-border e-commerce, Amazon Global Selling officially launched a programme aimed at enhancing support for Vietnamese sellers on their journey to the world by providing them with cross-border e-commerce knowledge, helping them set up and operate stores on Amazon , and improve their competitiveness./.
- Blood Moon phenomenon that doomsday 'experts' claim will bring end of world
- Market brings in goods from the globe to Thame
- Vicious Cycle: World Bank Warns of Looming Global Economic Crisis
- Uzbekistan, Vietnam may bring mutual trade up to $100 mln in 2018
- Vietnamese man mistaken for six-year-old boy tells what REALLY happened
- Trump proposes $100bn in new tarriffs on Chinese goods
- Trump-Putin summit: Trump declares one-on-one meeting 'a good start'
- Suspected serial thief sought after €2.2m worth of diamond rings stolen at Chelsea art fair
- New captain Harry Kane says England can win World Cup in Russia
- Red Cross discovery brings Greece wildfires death toll to 50
Measures to bring Vietnamese goods to the world sought have 449 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.