A masseuse in Da Nang has just tested positive for COVID-19 after being quarantined on Monday following the detection of a case who sells spa tickets at the hotel she is working for.
The masseuse is D.T.N.H., who works in the massage service section of Phu An Hotel on 2-9 Street, Hai Chau District, authorities said in a report on Tuesday.
H. and 17 others have been quarantined at the hotel since May 3, pursuant to a decision by the chairman of the Da Nang People's Committee.
They were tested for the coronavirus and H.'s result came back positive on Tuesday morning.
She has been sent to the Da Nang Hospital for Lung Diseases for treatment.
Health workers have fumigated the hotel and advised staff members on COVID-19 prevention measures.
Twelve of the 18 quarantined employees works in the massage service section of the hotel, a source told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Tuesday.
Health authorities and police officers are tracing their contacts.
The Ministry of Health has yet to register this woman as a coronavirus patient.
The latest development follows the Ministry of Health's confirmation of Ng.T.Ng., a 23-year-old who sells spa tickets at Phu An Hotel, as a COVID-19 patient on Tuesday morning.
Ng. comes from Hoi An, Quang Nam Province, which borders Da Nang, the ministry said in a contact tracing report.
The man started his job on April 28.
He tends to work night shifts and frequently comes into direct contact with customers.
On Sunday afternoon, Ng. ran a fever and suffered fatigue.
He came to Hoan My Da Nang Hospital on Sunday evening and was tested for COVID-19 there.
The result came back positive later. He had visited various places in Hoi An and Da Nang when he exhibited symptoms.
Ng. also works as a delivery worker on the side.
Hoan My Da Nang Hospital has been locked down since Monday afternoon.
Vietnam has confirmed 2,985 coronavirus infections, including 1,607 local cases and 35 deaths, since the virus first struck the country on January 23, 2020, according to the health ministry's data.
Recoveries have numbered 2,560, while 37 domestic cases have been recorded since April 27 after Vietnam had gone about a month without detecting any community transmission.
- UPDATE: 49ers Forced To Shutdown Training Facility After Positive COVID-19 Test Result; Team Conducting Contact Tracing
- Squads of both Ajax and Dynamo Kiev hit by multiple positive Covid-19 tests ahead of Champions League games
- Charmed production halted AGAIN due to positive COVID-19 test as studio begins contact tracing procedures
- Two Drugmakers Resume US Tests of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Justin Turner Won’t Be Disciplined By MLB For Maskless World Series Celebration After Positive COVID-19 Test
- Trump says he doesn't know if he was tested for COVID-19 on the day of first debate
- MLB won't punish Dodgers star Justin Turner for returning to field after positive COVID-19 test
- Scott out of Zozo Championship after positive COVID-19 test
- TataMD launches new test for COVID-19; ready with 10 lakh tests/month capacity
- Da Nang: over 2,000 foreigners to be tested for Covid-19
Masseuse in Da Nang tests positive for COVID-19 have 517 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.