Vientiane (VNA) – Laos reported a decline in the daily number of new COVID-19 cases which stood at a double-digit figure for the past five days.
All 18 Lao provinces are under lockdown until May 5. The country to date has logged 821 cases, with 773 of them being reported from the start of April.
The Department of Communicable Diseases Control at the Laos ' Health Ministry announced that as many as 38 Vietnamese people in Thatluang in downtown Vientiane tested positive once with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 on April 30.
The Embassy of Vietnam has sent staff members to assist the citizens and local agencies with contact tracing.
The Embassy also asked the Lao side to further support the infected and called on Vietnamese citizens to remain calm and cooperate with Vietnamese and Lao agencies to surmount difficulties.
On May 1, Cambodia documented 388 new COVID-19 cases, which shrunk by half of the figure on the previous day.
The national count reached 13,790, with a death toll of 96.
A large-scale inoculation drive for about 500,000 people in the high-risk area in Phnom Penh was launched on the same day./.
- Victim in Manresa gang-rape case testifies in court
- High Court hears more drug cases
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to new charges over strip club brawl
- Labour MPs hit out at new colleague over anti-Semitism row
- Q'town measles tally at 19
- Measles tally at 19
- Child critically ill in Auckland as measles cases grow
- Police re-open 25 year-old case into murder of Sheffield girl
- 19 UK terror attacks have been foiled in the last two years
- New espionage Bill planned to tackle ‘hostile state’ activity
- Trump issues new Iran sanctions; Polish judges case; heatwave
- Five new measles cases in Queenstown
Laos, Cambodia see lesser new COVID-19 cases have 319 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.