|Kido Group will launch a new retail store chain|
The project will have an initial investment capital of VND100 billion($4.35 million), 61 per cent of which will be held by Kido. Kido has yet to disclose further information about the chain besides the announcement on the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange.
It is speculated that the new retail store chain will serve Kido's ice cream and beverage businesses as Kido is holding the leading position in the ice cream market.
The company’s 2020 annual report updated last month said that alongside key products such as ice cream and cooking oil, the group aims to create a product ecosystem built on two pillars, including essential food and frozen food with 450,000 and 120,000 points of sale nationwide, respectively. Accordingly, Kido will continue to monitor and quickly grasp market trends, research, and launch new products in line with new consumer trends.
Last year, Kido announced its return to the confectionery market, five years after the mergers and acquisitions deal with Mondelez International. The company plans to develop key product lines and make new venture like snacking, mid-autumn cakes, fresh cakes, and even coffee.
Meanwhile, Kido and Vinamilk have also set up the joint venture Vibev. The new venture will roll out healthy non-carbonated soft drinks to the market in 2021.
Kido is expected to achieve a net revenue of VND11.5 trillion ($500 million) and pre-tax profit of VND800 billion ($34.78 million) this year, up 38.2 and 91.5 per cent, respectively, compared to 2020.
By Thanh Van
- Convenience store chain 7-Eleven to enter India through Future Group
- New retail tenants announced at the Galleria
- The Times Group launches its first Femina Flaunt Studio Salon in Mumbai
- VinCommerce takes over Shop&Go store chain
- WikiMaster App launches new JAMB Exam Preparation Portal
- Japan's Fast Retailing enlists robotics startups to automate warehouses
- Report: Thousands of Amazon Go Stores by 2021
- Eureka Forbes shifts focus to retail to increase sales
- More retail tenants announced at the Galleria
- Express Kitchens Introduces New Cabinets in Grey, White & French Vanilla Colors
- After the retail apocalypse, what next for the high street?
- Walmart declares war on Amazon with plans for its own cashierless stores - and has already opened its first Sam's Club outlet
- Future Group appoints Hardeep Singh CEO of 7-Eleven
- Apple set to launch 'AirPod 2' wireless headphones 'in first half of this year' and they'll be able to monitor your health, report claims
- Legislation could force stores to take your cash
- Changing retail landscape and the rise of shopping malls
- Microsoft's massive New York flagship store opening today
- Male best friends who made $1 million in FOUR months with their 'must-have' beauty mask launch two new products - and they've already pre-sold 18,000
- Future Group to diversify into cloud kitchen business
- Amazon opened its first Bay Area 4-star store in Berkeley. Here's what it's like.
Kido Group to launch new retail store chain have 453 words, post on vir.com.vn at May 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.