Indoor sports facilities, wedding reception centers, and buffet restaurants across Ho Chi Minh City will be shuttered from 6:00 pm on Friday as authorities took stricter measures to curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
The municipal People's Committees said in an announcement on Friday morning that the shutdown will be applied to all gyms, fitness centers, billiard halls, yoga classes and other types of indoor sports facilities; wedding reception centers; buffet restaurants; and diners serving food along with karaoke and singalong services.
Events and activities that attract more than 30 people in public places will also be banned.
Other services will remain open but strict COVID-19 prevention and control measures must be imposed.
Organizers of events and activities have to make sure participants keep a one-meter distance between each other, and the number of participants must not exceed 50 percent of the venue's capacity.
Attendees have to wear face masks, have their body temperature measures, and sanitize their hands.
Authorities in the southern metropolis previously closed all karaoke parlors, bars, and discos from April 30, and massage parlors, saunas, cinemas, theaters, and online game centers from May 3.
The metropolis detected one community-based COVID-19 infection on April 29.
On Friday morning, the municipal health department reported a case where a man retested positive for COVID-19 following his treatment in southern Kien Giang Province.
An alley in District 3 where the man resides has been locked down.
Vietnam has recorded 3,091 coronavirus patients as of Friday afternoon, with 2,560 recoveries and 35 deaths, according to the health ministry.
The country has registered 121 local infections in over a dozen provinces and cities in this fourth wave that started on April 27.
- HCM City’s District 3 among world’s coolest neighbourhoods
- Five of the very best places to eat in Asia
- Queues are out the door for this Vietnamese eatery
- 10 best things to do in Hong Kong
- 26 European Christmas markets you can fly to from Devon or Cornwall
- POLITICO London Playbook: Good morning from Manchester — New Aussie PM — Salmond bombshell
- Typhoon Mangkhut lashes the Philippines, strongest storm this year
- 80 things you'll only know if you grew up in Hull in the 1980s
- 'I have obsessed about opening these doors for years'
Ho Chi Minh City shuts gyms, wedding centers, buffet restaurants to stall COVID-19 spread have 370 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.