Hospital directors would be responsible for managing their employees, ensuring they abide by coronavirus prevention measures like mask wearing, keeping a safe distance and avoiding the high-risk places, also including theaters and parks, said Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son.
The request came amid alarming coronavirus outbreaks recorded across the country since last week. Vietnam has confirmed 121 Covid-19 community cases in 15 cities and provinces in its fourth wave, breaking the one-month streak of no community transmissions. Coronavirus cases have even been recorded in the nation's largest hospitals, representing the risk of cross-infection between patients and medical staff.
Luong Ngoc Khue, head of the Medical Services Administration under the health ministry, on Thursday said it has requested hospitals to perform social distancing within its facilities and limit the number of family members on site, among other measures.
“Hospitals need to regularly conduct random Covid-19 tests on medical workers and patients at high-risk facilities, as well as those more vulnerable to the severe effects of Covid-19 like patients in ICUs,” he added.
Medical institutions should also refrain from transferring patients between different facilities, unless the case is too difficult to handle, said the ministry.
Several coronavirus outbreaks have been recorded in hospitals since last week, presenting great challenges in the Covid-19 fight. In Hanoi, the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, the capital's frontline facility in treating Covid-19 patients, has been locked down after it was revealed to be a major hotspot that caused dozens of infections in at least 14 localities besides Hanoi.
Another hospital in Hanoi, the K Hospital that specializes in treating tumors, has been locked down too after 10 coronavirus-positive cases were recorded on site. One of the cases had earlier been treated for a month at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
- Tubby adults over 40 ‘should be ordered to have health checks for diabetes and attend slimming classes’, health watchdog warns
- UK Border Force failures mean 4,000 “high-risk” flights land in Britain every year without being properly screened
- Popular cereals contain up to a THIRD of your kids’ sugar intake, health experts warn
- Highly contagious measles is sweeping through Europe, health experts warn
- Almost half of NHS probes in to avoidable deaths are ‘NOT fit for purpose’, health officials warn
- Strong cheap cider should be taxed more to save kids’ health, campaigners warn
- Health officials warn piercing afterspray could leave you at risk of a ‘serious’ infection
- Public warned of possible measles exposure in Hershey, York
- More medical staff killed in northern Nigeria
- Don’t Use Bootleg or Street Vaping Products, C.D.C. Warns
- Melioidosis - Scientists warn of global spread of little-known, deadly disease
- Breakfast Series report: Taking a Pulse on Health Care
- Why washing chicken ups risk of foodborne illness
- In the aftermath of Manchester bomb attack experts warn ‘one in three survivors are at risk of PTSD’
- Experts warn of climate change affecting human health
- Whining Yorkshire Ripper worried he’ll lose his cushy perks after being sent back to prison and warns he’ll commit suicide
- Sexual health clinics are ‘buckling under the pressure’ as rates of STIs soar
- McDonalds’ crackdown on ‘cancer-causing’ chemical – as nanny state warns of link between fries and killer disease
- Brits visiting Florida warned against having unprotected sex and sharing their sex toys over Zika virus threat
- EEE risk raised to ‘critical’ in several Mass. communities
Health staff warned off high-risk buffets, karaoke parlors have 541 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.