Chu Ngoc Anh, chairman of the city people’s committee, on Wednesday night exhorted the public to restrict traveling and abide by Covid-19 prevention measures like wearing masks and keeping a distance of at least a meter from each other.
The city has closed karaoke and massage parlors, bars, and dance clubs, and suspended sporting events.
Outdoor food stalls and cafes have also been closed, public gatherings are discouraged, including exercising outdoors.
On vehicles, passengers are required to sit one seat apart from each other and the number of passengers must not exceed half of the vehicle's capacity.
Pharmacy employees who see people with symptoms like cough, fever and breathing difficulty while buying medicines should report them to local medical stations, the Department of Health said.
Around two million students from kindergarten to high school levels have been asked to stay home starting Tuesday.
The city also requires testing for everyone coming from Covid-hit areas.
It is the fourth time since the pandemic began last year that Hanoi has requested the public not to go out unnecessarily.
Since last week Thursday Hanoi has had 27 cases and locked down several locations associated with infections, including its frontline medical facility in the Covid-19 fight, the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
The hospital has recorded 22 cases so far.
Nationwide, there have been 64 cases in what has been a fourth wave in Hanoi, Da Nang and HCMC and the seven provinces of Hung Yen, Ha Nam, Vinh Phuc, Quang Nam, Dong Nai, Hai Duong, and Yen Bai.
- Hunter Campau exceeded 2,800 yards as Timberline’s shifty, dual-threat quarterback
- The Mounting Yard: Mornington Cup day preview
- Building Hot Rods – Triple Threat
- Phillies manager Gabe Kapler lost home in California fire
- The Mounting Yard: Apollo Stakes day preview
- The Mounting Yard: Australian Cup day at Flemington preview
- Augusta’s longer fifth offers new top threat at Masters
- The Mounting Yard: All Aged Stakes day preview
- Monson: Kyle Whittingham’s image is carved alongside LaVell Edwards’ on the state’s Mount Rushmore of college football coaches
- YEP Jury: Bolton Wanderers may be struggling but still pose a threat warn Leeds United fans
- One Lap of America: Edging Towards the Home Stretch
- Jackie Robinson’s daughter, in KC, reflects on legacy of Frank Robinson and her father
Hanoians urged to stay at home as Covid threat mounts have 369 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.