Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam's capital city of Hanoi will strive to take the lead in e-commerce nationwide, considering it an important task in economic growth this year, Acting Director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade Tran Thi Phuong Lan has said.
Hanoi is now home to 330,000 enterprises, 95 percent of which are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and account for 25-30 percent of its exports.
In recent years, the capital has ranked second nationwide in the e-commerce index. Despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, its e-commerce sector still grew 30 percent last year, with over 12,350 websites and apps contributing 8 percent to total retail sales.
In cooperation with other departments and agencies, it has accelerated the construction of logistics centres and warehouse networks.
Lan said the department will work to sell handicrafts from Hanoi on Amazon by providing training to local SMEs, holding seminars to help them understand procedures and regulations, and offering advice on refreshing product lines./.
- Failed Hanoi Meeting Has U.S. Allies in Region Asking: What’s Next?
- Takeaways from the Trump-Kim Hanoi summit
- Grayling: 'The last thing this country needs is a General Election'
- Nobel peace prize winners lead calls for killer robots to be BANNED
- 'Dangerous extremists’ Corbyn and McDonnell are fooling the country
- As Boris and Raab allies trade early blows, Gove edges into the lead
- Bill Hemmer: Seeing the ‘ultimate sale’ in Trump’s Vietnam deal with Kim Jong Un on the streets of Hanoi
- Top E-Commerce Stocks to Buy in 2019
- Trump and Kim in Hanoi: Your need-to-know guide
- (LEAD) N. Korea holds parliamentary elections | Yonhap News Agency
- Trump praises 'special relationship' with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un at start of Hanoi summit
- In failed Hanoi summit, a silver lining: The drama phase is over
- Trump wasn't prepared to lift US sanctions on North Korea leading to summit's abrupt end: 'Sometimes you have to walk'
- (LEAD) Minister: U.S. seeks 'big picture' master plan to handle N. Korea's nuclear, missile programs | Yonhap News Agency
- Trump Kim talks: What to make of the Hanoi summit collapse?
- (LEAD) (US-NK summit) Trump, Kim to warm up for tough talks over dinner
- North Korea rebuilding missile test site after Hanoi summit failure
- (LEAD) Moon looks to early resumption of U.S.-N.K talks
- Women strive for larger roles in male-dominated religions
- (LEAD) North Korea will 'definitely' be denuclearized: Moon
Hanoi strives to lead country in e-commerce have 388 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.