The 26-year-old man in Bac Tu Liem District was on the VN160 flight by Vietnam Airlines from central Da Nang City to Hanoi on April 29, the municipal Department of Health announced. The man was determined to be in close contact with two Chinese experts who tested positive for the virus.
Authorities have identified at least eight people in Bac Tu Liem, Nam Tu Liem, Hai Ba Trung, Hoang Mai and Cau Giay who have made contact with the Hanoi man.
Previously on Sunday, the Ministry of Health has announced that it was looking for passengers on the VN160 flight from Da Nang to Hanoi on April 29 for coronavirus control purposes.
Hanoi has officially confirmed three Covid-19 community transmission cases since last Thursday, all linked to a coronavirus hotspot in northern Ha Nam Province. The capital has suspended non-essential services like bars, karaoke and dance clubs, as well as street food vendors and cafes to prevent the disease from spreading.
Since last Thursday, Vietnam has recorded 34 community transmission cases in Ha Nam, Hanoi, Hung Yen, HCMC and Vinh Phuc, following around a month with no community transmission.
The total coronavirus tally is at 2,981, with 35 deaths.
- North Korea ‘rapidly’ rebuilds nuke testing site and puts rockets in ‘test phase’ after Kim’s crunch missile talks with Donald Trump collapsed
- North Korea tests submarine-capable missile fired from sea
- Trump and Kim Take 2: President meets North Korean dictator with a handshake and a laugh in Vietnam for their second nuclear summit and heralds the communist nation's 'unlimited' potential as Kim says he has high hopes for their talks
- Bird flu around the world: a guide
- Scientist in China defends human embryo gene editing
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- ‘I’m known as an activist.’ New UNAIDS leader takes charge
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 25
- Ham's best friend: The beagle brigade is the last line of defense against African swine fever in U.S.
- HIV rise in check among gay people
Hanoi man tests positive for coronavirus after flight with infected Chinese expert have 330 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.