Bui Van Dang, deputy head of the Hoan Kiem police department, said the people, including four foreigners, were fined VND319 million in total from April 30, the beginning of the four-day Reunification Day and Labor Day holiday. On Monday alone, Hoan Kiem fined 22 people a total of VND44 million, local media reported.
Those found not wearing face masks in public would have to pay a fine of up to VND3 million, according to Vietnam’s pandemic prevention regulations.
In Dong Anh District, five people were fined VND10 million for the same violation during the holiday.
Vietnam’s latest coronavirus outbreaks have seen 36 community transmissions since last week in six localities: Ha Nam, Hanoi, Hung Yen, Ho Chi Minh City, Vinh Phuc and Da Nang.
Hanoi has confirmed four community transmissions, three of them making contact with a Ha Nam man who returned from Japan and tested positive after completing his two-week centralized quarantine, and the other one making close contact with an infected Chinese expert on a flight from Da Nang to Hanoi on April 29.
The capital has suspended non-essential services like bars, karaokes and dance clubs, as well as street food vendors and cafes to prevent the disease from spreading.
- Vietnamese people resort to portable oxygen cylinders for respite from smog
- Genius new sleeping products tested
- Dishonored Diary: Playing through in four different ways
- Nipah virus lurks in fruits, go easy on mangoes and lychees this summer
- Open your heart to people with autism
- Bowie, bikinis and the Beverly Hilton: New book of photos capture California in the '70s and '80s showing San Francisco's streets, the Golden Gate's 50th anniversary, and LA's celebrities
- Invisible killer: how one girl's tragic death could change the air pollution story
- Why our elections may still be dirty
- From Barbiedoll to Mr Billionaire and Narcos: How Ibrahim-linked plotters used code names and encrypted BlackBerry messages to organise drug and illegal tobacco deals worth millions - before a police informant squealed on them
- Gift Guide: 10 suitcase-friendly gifts for frequent flyers
Hanoi district fines non-mask wearers $13,800 over holiday have 327 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.