Hanoi authorities have just decided to close all schools from kindergarten to high school levels from May 4 until next announcement in a latest move amid complex COVID-19 evolution.
Under the decision, schools will switch to online learning, the city’s Department of Education and Training said.
Earlier the same day, the city ordered relic and religious sites, street eateries, iced tea stalls, and cafes to close doors from 5:00 pm on Monday to prevent the risk of COVID-19 transmissions.
Meanwhile, restaurants and coffee shop serving customers indoors shall have to erect dividers between seats or ensure customers are one meter apart from each other. The capital city asked these establishments to encourage takeaways.
The municipal authorities also asked all returnees to make health declaration after four-day public holiday, starting from April 30 to May 3.
All karaoke parlors, bars, discotheques and game rooms in the capital city were ordered to close from April 30.
As of 6:15 pm on Monday, Viet Nam confirmed 2,981 COVID-19 cases, including 2,549 recoveries and 35 fatalities.
Another Hanoian infected with SARS-CoV-2
Late on May 3 the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control confirmed another local resident has been diagnosed with the SARS-CoV-2 virus closely linked to two Chinese infections.
Via contact tracing, relevant agencies identified eight other locals in Bac Tu Liem, Nam Tu Liem, Hai Ba Trung, Hoang Mai and Cau Giay districts, who had come into close contact with the Hanoi patient.
Contact tracing is underway to early quarantine and test those in contact with the patient.
Earlier on May 2 the Ministry of Health issued an urgent telegram, looking for passengers on flight VN160 from Da Nang to Hanoi, after two Chinese citizens on board the same flight were diagnosed with the virus.
During the past four days, Hanoi capital has recorded four coronavirus infections, including three living in the outlying district of Dong Anh who were closely related to the coronavirus outbreak in Ha Nam province.
- REVEALED: Lebron James 'grilled NBA boss Adam Silver during closed-door meeting on possible punishments for Rockets GM over Hong Kong tweet' - and now the Lakers star is being accused by Ted Cruz of 'embracing Chinese government propaganda'
- Trump administration delays cuts to food stamps and school meals
- China Detains 2 Americans Amid Growing Scrutiny of Foreigners
- Edited Transcript of GS earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 3:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of GWPH.O earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of HL earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 2:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of UNH earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 12:45pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of PEGI earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 2:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of KDP earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 1:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of 1316.HK earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
Hanoi closes schools from Tuesday amid complex COVID-19 evolution have 449 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.