The decision was issued by the municipal Department of Education and Training on Monday evening. The move is part of the city's decision to suspend non-essential activities.
Students from kindergarten to high school levels will stay at home from Tuesday until the city's Department of Education and Training's further report. The requirement is also applied to centres that teach foreign languages and those providing foreign-invested short-term education.
According to the department, students will study online instead.
Before the Reunification Day (April 30) and May Day, Hanoi schools were urged to prepare online study plans in case of a Covid-19 outbreak. After the holiday, schools need to co-operate with student families on completing health declarations.
Hanoi has seen three locally-infected Covid-19 cases related to the pandemic outbreak in the northern province of Ha Nam. Meanwhile, the city is welcoming a large number of returnees from different localities nationwide after the Reunification Day and May Day holidays.
All historical and religious sites and sidewalk eateries in Hanoi had to close from 5pm on May 3. The city suspended bars and pedestrian streets earlier.
- New York City Mayor Declares Public Health Emergency Amid Measles Outbreak
- Amid Measles Outbreak, Unvaccinated Students Will Be Barred From Attending School at Brooklyn Yeshivas, Health Department Says
- Deadly crash closes SB US-19, prevents buses from dropping kids off
- Road reopens after deadly crash on SB US-19
- Measles Outbreak 2019: Rockland County Declares State Of Emergency Due To Measles
- Can You Die From Measles? Outbreak At Clark County, Nevada, Several Infected
- Measles Outbreak 2019: New York Parents Suing To Get Unvaccinated Kids Back In School
- 30 now ill, including 10 deaths, in adenovirus outbreak in New Jersey
- China reports new African swine fever outbreak
- The DRC's Ebola Outbreak Is an End-of-Year Nightmare
Hanoi closes schools amid Covid-19 outbreak have 300 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.