HÀ NỘI — Hà Nội's authorities on Tuesday decided to shut down non-essential services like spas, massage parlours, cinemas and theatres, gyms, and stadiums, and limit parties and unnecessary large gatherings of people.
The order, which will take effect starting midnight on May 5, came as the capital city recorded five domestically transmitted cases since April 29 in five districts of Đông Anh, Hai Bà Trưng, Hoàng Mai, Bắc Từ Liêm and Mê Linh with some locations under lockdown.
Hoàng Đức Hạnh, deputy director of Hà Nội's health department, said: "The risks from the current clusters are very high, given that there have been cases in the community, positive case found after completing centralised quarantine period, and a large number of people returning to Hà Nội after the long holiday of April 30 (National Reunification Day) – May 1 (International Labour Day)."
Previously, the city ordered closure of streetside cafes and food stalls, put a halt to planned festivals and the popular walking street around Hoàn Kiếm Lake, bars, karaoke venues, discos and game shops.
Students from kindergarten to high school levels have also been told to stay home and continue their lessons remotely. Some universities in the city have also switched to distance learning. — VNS
- Dong Nai issues entertainment venues restrictions as of August 4
- Coronavirus: Pubs 'may need to shut' to allow schools to reopen
- The tense 36 hours that led Boris to put the brakes on: How grim Coronavirus numbers fired the starting gun for new restrictions and 'apoplectic' MPs were told of Boris Johnson's plan
- Hays Travel is to axe 878 jobs after Spain quarantine triggered holiday cancellations - as DW Sports falls into administration putting 1,700 roles at risk
- Queuing for Britain: Thousands wait for TWO HOURS in mile-long lines outside Sports Direct, Primark and John Lewis as shops see 51% surge in customers - with towels and egg cups most highly-prized purchases
- Is it a bar, a gallery, a club …? Britain's top multi-purpose venues
- Coronavirus live updates: Outdoor manicures, massage, personal care are open again in Marin County
- Coronavirus: Indoor gyms and pools in England start to reopen
- The Latest: South Korea has 63 newly confirmed virus cases
- How to holiday like the elite: Tatler reveals the 'socially-distanced' yacht breaks that are a must for the rich and famous - boasting open-air cinemas, water slides and helipads (but they can set you back £680,000-a-WEEK)
Hà Nội shuts spa, massage, cinema and sports venues starting May 5 have 426 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.