The group photo exhibition by Vietnamese photographers and expats in Hanoi to showcase the rooted relationship of people with nature and their surroundings
Within the framework of the biggest French – Vietnamese photography project in Hanoi, a photo exhibition titled 'Format' will be held from May 8 to June 2 at Vincom Center for Contemporary Art, Hanoi.
|A photo of Prune Phi that will be displayed at the exhibition. Photo: L’Espace|
The group photo exhibition draws the participation of dozen Vietnamese and international photographers, including Nguyen Phuong, Joseph Gobin, Duy Phuong, Yen Duong, Tram Le Quynh Anh, Prune Phi, Duy Tuan, Alexandre Dupeyron, and Mai Nguyen Anh.
The exhibition opens from 10am till 9pm daily with free admission.
"At a time of pandemic and technology explosion, we are drifting further apart from each other, both mentally and physically," the organizers stated.
|The photo of Vietnamese photographer Nguyen Mai Anh|
The artists in the show have chosen to react to this “torrent”, and in their own way have turned the process of photography into a methodology for finding connection and community.
Some experiment with alternative photographic processes to accentuate their relationship with nature and surroundings. Others make use of photography's expanded palette to seek their bond within families and nationalities. While some others, through careful observation and self-examination, are subtly highlighting social paradoxes.
- Event series Photo Hanoi ’21 an introspective panoply of Vietnamese identity
- Vietnamese artist to join exhibition at National Museum of Singapore
- Vietnamese in Southeast Asia’s COVID epicentres stay calm and optimistic
- First English-Vietnamese bilingual books introduced in the US
- Online exhibitions satisfy art lovers amid pandemic
- Online Vietnamese bookstores open in Europe
- Vietnamese movies take baby steps into international market
- Vietnamese workers in Singapore stay strong amid havoc caused by Covid
- Wall exhibitions to promote cooperation
Group exhibition of Vietnamese and expats photographers have 294 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.