The three patients live in Dao Ly commune of Ly Nhan district, of whom one had come into close contact with a COVID-19 patient, and the other two were his wife and grandfather, said CDC director Nguyen Thanh Duong.
The patients were placed in quarantine on April 29 and 30, and CDC workers took their samples for another COVID-19 test to confirm the results, Duong told local media outlet.
Local authorities moved to impose a social distancing order on Dao Ly commune, staring from 13.00hrs on May 1.
Earlier, a Ha Nam-born man, 28, returning from Japan was infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus after completing his 14-day quarantine period.
Six other local residents who had contacted the patient were later diagnosed with the virus. Most of them were the patient's relatives.
Another six infections, including three in Hanoi, two in Hung Yen and one in Ho Chi Minh City, were also closely linked to the Ha Nam case.
- Should we be getting scared? Medics in Hazmat suits screen Air China plane passengers for 'SARS-like' Coronavirus before letting them leave domestic flight as fears grow of global epidemic
- FOUR patients are tested for suspected coronavirus in Scotland after returning from Wuhan with flu-like symptoms - as Health Secretary is urged to order checks on passengers on ALL flights from China
- Taiwan confirms case of killer Chinese coronavirus as six patients have now died from SARS-like infection in China and almost 300 patients across Asia have caught the deadly illness
- Another coronavirus case confirmed in France
- Coronavirus – What we know about the new China virus
- Not enough is known about China coronavirus strain, says WHO official Roderico Ofrin
- WHO Does Not Rule Out Human to Human Spread of New Coronavirus
- Deadly coronavirus 'could ALREADY be in Britain': Heathrow passengers from Wuhan are placed in isolation as death toll soars to 17 and China prepares to ban ANYONE from leaving city of 11m
- Wuhan is QUARANTINED: Ground zero for deadly coronavirus halts all travel in AND out of the city after the CDC begins screening at five US airports as the disease MUTATES after killing 17 and infecting up to 10,000
- China confirms new SARS-like virus HAS spread between humans as 14 medics catch the killer infection after treating patients
Fresh coronavirus hotspot records another cluster of infections have 362 words, post on vov.vn at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.