Two Vietnamese companies share the goal of boosting the digital transformation process among the local business community.
FPT, a Vietnam’s technology corporation, has acquired a majority stake in Vietnamese startup Base.vn, with the aim to promote the comprehensive digital transformation ecosystem for 800,000 enterprises nationwide.
The value of the deal remains undisclosed.
|Two leaders of FPT and Base.vn attend the announcement ceremony in HCMC. Photo: FPT|
Base.vn, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform, has been solving three big issues of businesses including productivity enhancement management, information transparency, human resources management and development. After five years of operations, the startup has provided services for more than 5,000 Vietnamese enterprises.
"We plan to develop other major solutions such as financial management, customer management and business development on one unified platform," Pham Kim Hung, Founder & CEO of Base.vn told the announcement ceremony on May 4 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The cooperation with FPT which owns a wealth of experience and human resource expected to help the startup to save at least 10 years to become a comprehensive digital transformation ecosystem for the world’s leading business, Hung said.
Nguyen Van Khoa, CEO of FPT said that, accompanying Base.vn is one of the shortest ways for FPT to achieve that goal of building a comprehensive digital transformation platform for small and medium enterprises to lead the market.
In 2019, Base.vn raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Nextrans, a South-Korean venture capitalist.
Prior to Nextrans, the startup had already raised US$1.3 million funding round led by Alpha JWC Ventures with the participation from Beenext, its seed round investors of VIISA and 500Startups.
- AboitizLand acquires majority of Alson industrial land unit
- A top bank lobbying group is taking aim at payments startups
- Arran acquires 11% stake in Century Tuna
- This startup, borne from a failed $500 million Silicon Valley darling, believes it has the cure for what’s ailing voice assistants
- Why Did Google Just Acquire An Aerospace Company?
- Handy, a startup that sends someone to clean your home, just raised $50 million and is valued at half a billion dollars
- Pilmico acquires Vietnam feeds manufacturer
- Alibaba could lead a $1 billion round in a mysterious Google-backed startup that raised $542 million a year ago
- How ‘Uber for truckers’ Cargomatic burned through $15 million as it quietly pivoted away from being a tech company at all
- Ford has invested millions in startups to recruit talent — and it has no plans of slowing down
FPT tech group acquires major stake in Hanoi-based startup have 398 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.